beautiful slab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beautiful slab

Picked this slab of Lassen creek electric blue obsidian when i heard the the state of california has closed all digging for any obsidian in the modoc forest for the 2020 season , the rumors going around is they may not ever open it up for digging again. This material was dug more than 30 years ago so if they do not let anyone dig for rock again the cost is going to go way up for what is around for sale now. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6909.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	423933 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6907.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	423934
    Wyoming

Wow amazing material

Comment

Hopefully you got more than one piece cause its amazing material. Cant wait until you make something with it.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Seriously beautiful rock.

Did ancient knappers use that stuff and it just patinates to a more plain obsidian? I've never seen an ancient relic with those colors.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• beatup1354
          beatup1354 commented
          Editing a comment
          they did use rainbow obsidian,I don,t know about this type as it was all dug up and it is really a tough task to do so

Wow that’s beautiful
        South Dakota

Comment

Beautiful material ! I can’t remember who, but someone told me that a guy got busted for picking up Alibates out of dirt road ditches near the quarry. I thought that was going beyond the pale as he was not on or at the quarry. He was selling the material to knappers...
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• beatup1354
            beatup1354 commented
            Editing a comment
            yea it is a bad day when you can't pick up a rock, but i think with a ban on digging you can still surface hunt i have not heard of them stopping that yet , but it is california.

More of this material arrived yesterday in the mail Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7036.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	425890 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7038.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	425891 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7040.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	425892