Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful colors and very smooth. What is it please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful colors and very smooth. What is it please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1915.png
Views:	331
Size:	867.4 KB
ID:	497745 Click image for larger version

Name:	1912.png
Views:	254
Size:	811.4 KB
ID:	497746

Your location would help tremendously
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
      Rio Del Norte commented
      Editing a comment
      Chandler, how close is your place to the river?

Bridgeport, Texas

Comment

I'm leaning towards white agate with nice linier intrusions. The shape looks like river polished stone and like the black white spiderweb you posted it is interesting...
      San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Could possibly be a gastrolith. Cool looking find.
        Central Ohio

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
          Rio Del Norte commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep it's special...

Cool looking rock, Could be a gastrolith, if Iwere a dinosaur that is one I would eat for sure.
        SE IA

Comment

Looks cool whatever type of rock it is. Being the rock hound that I am I would've brought each one you've posted home myself chandler.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Incredibly beautiful. The fibrous looking strands are certain kinds of minerals. I’ll look thru my stuff, and see if can provide more info.
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

You can read about Gastroliths in the Texas article . If river found it is unlikely and gastrolith . You said you are trying to learn asking guys from all over about the geology in part of Texas will get you dozens of different answers. If you really want to know if they are Gastroliths ask local . Ask a geologist. Posting dozens of pretty rocks here is fine but if my opinion is landscaping rocks I could be wrong but it aint that I am crabby or old or bored or tired or political . There is a difference in personal messages and visitor messages. There is also a big difference in how you interpret anything anyone writes here. I suggest you read this article to the end.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank you, Hoss. I read the article and will keep it on file for referencing. I value your opinion. How do I seek out someone local? Through colleges?

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That might be a good idea seek out one with a geology department. Ask at the Library or the local high school if there is a local amateur expert. People like to collect thing everywhere. Some do it far and away some do it close to home. There has to be folks close to your community to get eyes on your stuff.
              Working...
              X