Material type please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material type please!

I found this artifact a few months ago and immediately knew it was unique,seeing how ive found thousands of artifacts and countless numbers of shards and chips from manufacturing process, yet i have never found or seen another one from this material or color rather i should say. I deemed it my “camo triangle” as were my first impression of its color. Not sure when but several days later i was putting up my recent finds and looking at some through my loupe and for some reason happened to hold this one in front of the light and to my amazement was glowing the most beautiful green with red lines and inclusions. I had never even thought to check its transparency since it was such a dark colored stone. But thank goodness i did! Its now one of my rare, unique, favorite finds of all time but i wish i could identify the material. I posted it under another topic and someone replied that it was high grade novaculite. Is it simply just a rare color novaculite or could it be something more or have a particular name? If not it should imo. Thanks for any info!
    Attached Files

Im sorry i meant to add that this was acquired in SW AR in Hempstead county.

Comment

Have no idea don’t got none in Florida .But she glows real purdy👍
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
      X