Identifying Creek-Found Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Creek-Found Stones

Hello again all, I am including some photos of stones recently found in the creek branch while searching for artifacts. I don't know how to identify anything other than sandstone and quartz honestly, and I tried downloading a "rock identifier" that tries to peg them basically for wood or something that looks nothing similar. If anyone has an eye or knowledge for this, we are in Alabama and I hope you will help give it a try. These stones mainly came from the banks of the creek, buried under a nice gray muddy clay. I would love to know what they possibly are in order to know how I can utilize them for possibly crafts in the future, or if it will instead help me learn where and what I may find in my searches. Thank you so much!

Photo 1 - I've never found Flint but it reminds me of the texture.
    Photo 2 and 3 - A very sturdy rock with lots of colorful bluish gray lines in it.
    Photo 4 - There is a lot of quartz in this area, but as you may be able to see in the background and in my hand, there is a very gritty and breaking apart stretch of bank that looks like small quartz. I'm not sure what it is, but it isn't sand or clay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1727.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	620785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1709.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	620786Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1726.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	148.4 KB