creek found fossil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creek found fossil

I was wondering if anyone could identify this fossil for me? I have done a ton of research on it and think i know what it could be. Maybe someone more educated could tell me for sure? thanks, Mitchell

It appears wore down from the creek unh?..I think its quite possible that its a ammonite thats worn down,or some kinda of sea creature.Some kinda of horn?...jn

Comment

not really like its worn down, just like it was thin to begin with. 

Comment

Yea looks more like bone there is it?

Comment

Know what?...looking more like an earbone..But even a whales earbone isnt near the size..pretty interesting..

Comment

When i found this fossil i also found what i believe where two coal balls, coral fossils petrified wood, and a few other things that i don't have any explanation for. I looked and looked for something on this. best thing i could come up with is maybe Devonian period male fruictis? never really could get a picture of one of these all where drawings or sketches. Imagine a giant type of horse weed type plant that is male, maybe it is a fallen pollen sac? Also heard of these as being refereed to as stony axes?         

Comment

Here is picture of all the other things i found in that creek that day

Comment

There you go we did it...Horn coral

Comment

Very Nice..Very Cool!

Comment

Most for sure not horn coral as i researched horn coral...your research much better...Dont know what it is...Maybe someone will come along on this...wonder if it could be a coral?...

Comment

Not to be too optimistic but what you have there appears to be a genuine sex stone.
                      Sex stone/Copulation cobble/Passion Pebble what have you........  :lol:
                      If you are not familiar with that term perhaps you may acknowledge a translation of a "Frickin Rock". :laugh:
                      Not a fossil at all it is more of an annomalous form commonly known as a pseudo fossil.
                      Keep lookin.
                      The other specimens you have found appear to be to some degree collectable.
                      Bone2stone
                      I'll show you a fossil.
                      Just recently found here in Texas
                      Goniophorious Lambert(Scotti)
                      Echinoid (Sea Urchin)
                      Lower Cretaceous
                      Paw Paw formation
                      Tarrent Co. Tex.

It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                      Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                      X