Stone Cat Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Cat Head

In some recent posts I've seen pictures of rocks that appear to have faces or images of animals. Very interesting! I to have one and would like to see if anyone can see the "cat".

Enjoy,
    Sherry

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...%20CAT%20HEAD/
    Link no longer working

I see what your seeing...Meow!!

Comment

Thanks Dan, it's the only critter I don't have to feed or change it's litter box !
        :S

Comment

I see it too! Cool.

Comment

Thanks Mark for taking the time to look and post a reply.     

Comment

Sherry,
              I can see the Cat's head, but I'm not quite so sure it's an intentional result.  I think it's just fortuitous that it happens to look like that.
            Effigy stones are awesome!!!  I honestly don't know why they were created, but they would be an incredible find.

Comment

From a woman's point of view, why were Effigys made, they didn't have Home Interior back then. They painted on the walls of caves and if they lived in a tent they made their decorations. Sounds good to me! And if this was made by mother nature she is darn good but I have had this stone looked at by two different people that know about this and they agree that it is what it looks like "a Cat".       I just wanted to show what I'd found,
              to see if anyone else seen it because in previous posts so many people said they couldn't
              see what someone else was saying they seen. Thanks,                           
                Sherry

Comment

Sherry, you mean hangin' pictures and movin' furniture from one side of the room to another constantly, ain't somethin' my wife invented ?

Comment

Butch you better hope your wife doesn't read this post or you might be in big trouble!
                  Can't you just see a little Indian woman telling her husband she wants all those rocks moved to the other side of the tepee or outside or that they have to get a bigger tepee if he's going to keep all this stuff!   :laugh:
                  All joking aside, they really had it rough but women will be women yesterday,today and tomorrow. We like re-arranging and stuff like that.

Comment

Sherry-Your cat is as evident as the sunrise and the sunset...and the smile on my face!

Comment

Yup - It's there and it don't take any imagination to see it. Love them cats.  ---Chuck
                      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Nature has some bizarre ways to make things that have us scratching our heads and commenting "can you see it"?
                        Take clouds for example: I see some that I even though I know for a fact that they are nothing more than water vapor, it makes me say "Can you see it"?
                        There are times I have to reply to some peoples "can you see it" with......
                        "what have you been smoking"?
                        Yes Sherry, I do see your "Cat" and no the only thing I have been smoking is tobacco.
                        Incidious plant the Native Americans got us there..I'm hooked on the stuff.
                        I have seen so many "Sex Stones" posted here I think I'll drag out some of mine.
                        I keep the anomolous stones as well as the intentional artifacts.
                        BTW: Here in Texas I have seen some true effigies found but not many.
                        I found a "Stone Fish" many years ago and got a very handsom price for it.
                        Someone tried to tell me it was a "Boatstone" but my experience told me othewise.
                        It did not fit in as a boatstone. Just was not made like the others I have.
                        It was a true effigie.
                        Cool rock would look nice sticking out of a Potted plant like it was trying to get out!
                        Bone2stone
                        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                        Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                        X