Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of us come to this site in the hopes of learning something...
    And you certainly can learn something from this thread...
    Especially if you are a Psychology Student.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I'll see your Perception and raise you Pareidolia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia.

Comment

Comment

i dont touch it any more with bare hands.   it is amazing how quickly that injures stone because of the acids.

Comment

Illinois Mike wrote:

i dont touch it any more with bare hands.   it is amazing how quickly that injures stone because of the acids.
            Acids huh?   :lol:
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Just a lighthearted joke Mike.   I like the thing/thread!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I am rereading my topics today and this one sure was fun.   This was the first thread i've ever posted anywhere on anything and oh boy did it get out of hand fast!!    I didnt  realize i would actually get replies.   I need to say that i understand the disbelief from everyone.   I didnt believe this was an artifact myself, but after some study i've found that this specimen is in fact a real, authentic, working Buffalo Stone, and I can say this because I know for a fact that there where bison here in south eastern Illinois.   How do I know?  because to start with De Soto's men recorded seeing their heads mounted on a city wall in Evansville in 1548 and I have found many of their bones  along a half mile stretch of creek below a cliff.            Men would not shoot buffalo out of the herd with bows.  This would cause a stampede.   Instead a tight group of hardy men could split the herd by acting like cyotes.  Because coyote can cause a bison to move without spooking the herd (bison do not out right fear coyotes but will often avoid them), 5 or 6 Men skilled in camoflage could steer a managable number of animals away from the massive 50,000 herd and bring them to a cliff and below the cliff would be a large camp of men and women waiting for the killing who then would bring the goods back to the city.     A cattle drive.  This would likely have taken many weeks and many miles.   These cliffs do not even have to be very tall, only tall enough to cause 50 or so bison to injure themselves in the tumble and wide enough that they could not miss.          Now  about the magic business,  i do not believe in magic but my belief is that many many ancient peoples did.  I believe that things we call subliminal and psychosomatic might have functioned as very real magic to the indians.       The legend of the buffalo stone says it will give you power over the herd if you can find it.   I can see how this might work.      Knowlege is its power.       Hand made from percolated limestone by somebody a long time ago.

Comment

:crazy: ......not this again. the only thing epic about that ROCK is the amount of pointless conversation it has generated.have you ever found any actual arrowheads or artifacts?
                  call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

:crazy: ......not this again. the only thing epic about that ROCK is the amount of pointless conversation it has generated.have you ever found any actual arrowheads or artifacts?
                      Jay, you are absolutely correct. Mike, this has gone on way too long! It is a natural rock and I am locking this thread to prevent any more nonsense. You can believe what you want but it is being moved to Rocks some folks think are artifacts.
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                    X