Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird bi-face

Posted by [Mainejman]:

This is a bifaced piece made out of a different material.Also found on an archaic site.

Mainejman, that is a very interesting point. I won't speculate on type however I believe it was made out of Rhyolite.

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

I agree about it being interesting.I have never found anything made of it before.Dont know my rocks.I do know that mt.kineo rhyolite is the rock of choice here.Thats not kineo anyways...

Comment

...just a guess, but do you think it could be slate? when im sanding down things im making outta it i sometimes come across that extra "stuff" inside of the stone.the normal surrounding slate sands away clean but those things in it are a pain in the keister to work out smooth.  so i was guessing maybe its a really worn piece of it?
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

Im not sure if.its slate.It seems heavier.But i really dont know.Seems like a strange choice to use though.

Comment

how scratchable is it? or is it very solid?
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Maybe it's me, but it doesn't look knapped. Rather it just looks like a rock to me?
              Rhode Island

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

Your right cmd its not knapped.Im really not sure whats going on with it.Found it at my dig site.Where everything has to be counted out.

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

Its not a very solid rock.Its not a celt guys.Just not heavy duty enough rock.Plus it is pointed at both ends with no bit end.

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

Sorry about last post.Jumping back and forth.I was back instead of forth. :crazy: l

Comment

Working...
                    X