Is this a staff frog effigy or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a staff frog effigy or ?

I found this at my honey hole which does not mean a whole lot but I was wondering if it is possibly a frog?/bird? effigy for a walking staff that is what a local collector said it could POSSIBLY be. The very bottom is tappered down in center u can see a few different distinct drilling holes the top and around the sides have been worked into the shape that it is. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated I hope I have something here but the way my luck has gone this far I'm not too optimistic lol. Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Sorry for the being pictures upside down I am not sure how to correct it

Comment

Here ya go. I'm not seeing a frog effigy, but there's greater visionaries here than me.

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Nice, kind of looks like a foot.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Very interesting looking rock! But imo natural unaltered by man. I would like to know what it is though, I'm sure someone who knows more about it will weigh in.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Nothing wrong with optimism,  but think its just natural.
            South Dakota

Comment

"There are absolute signs of human workmanship" quote told to me by student at I U University studying archaeology but that person was not sure what it was

Comment

clistsmith26   How big is it could yo take a picture of it with something in it for scale. What state and County is this from?
                IU do you mean Indiana University
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

i never went to a big fancy college
                  but i do work rocks and see no signs of human work on it
                  i could be wrong though,as i have not seen it up close and personal
                  but it is a cool looking rock

Comment

Sorry, I have to agree with the rest......not an effigy. I cannot see any modification by man
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

its a petrified pork chop!    keep up the search though! dont be discouraged!
                      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

its a petrified pork chop!   
                          now thats funny  :rolf:

Comment

It looks a lot like a porkchop my first wife served in 1975. I threw it to the dogs but they couldn't eat it either so they must have drug it off.

Comment

Everyone is wrong.  It's almost certainly, perhaps definitely a Staff Frog.
                            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Joshua?????
                              I did a search for staff frog and discovered this one:

Michigan Yooper
                              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
                              X