Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible hard stone preform?

Hello

, I found this stone awhile back and thinking its a possible axe , Celt or chopper preform. I found it in a area that I think was a small habitation site for the amount of chert flakes, blanks ,cores and broken points and bases I find. The area was never plowed and near a creek on high ground. I find artifacts along the many deer trails and other critters disturbing the ground usually after a rain. The outline of the piece makes me think it could possibly be worked by the tapering edges and rough pecking marks. Its a granite like material. I've had it in my possible pile and its been bugging me any feed back would be appreciated. Thank you

Looks to be natural to me..  Under the context you found it you would think this has gotta be an artifact, but from the pictures you posted i dont see anything that stands out that makes me believe its an artifact..   I would say its possible some NA brought that stone to the site you found it on and had full attention of using it for something but never did..JMO.. Ron
    My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

hvs wrote:

Looks to be natural to me..  Under the context you found it you would think this has gotta be an artifact, but from the pictures you posted i dont see anything that stands out that makes me believe its an artifact..   I would say its possible some NA brought that stone to the site you found it on and had full attention of using it for something but never did..JMO.. Ron
      Ron, Thanks! I tend to agree!
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That's all I wanted to know, because being found with all the other artifacts I thought a possibility it might be. Thanks , going outside with the rest of the rocks

Comment

Seems like you might be hunting in a good area i would definitely go back and check the area out more carefully..Good luck. Ron
          My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

Thanks found a lot of stuff there but the better points come out of the creek. The only problem is the landowner will not let me dig so I'm good friends with squirrels ground hogs and deer and rain. Maybe he might sell it some day and I will be a happy guy with shovel in hand.

Comment

Working...
            X