Good Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Find?

I buy and sell things for a living and the word got out that I am in the artifact business as well too. I have my own pretty big arrowhead and artifact collection but someone came to me the other day and showed me something that I am astounded by. I think its paleolithic but I am not the expert here and there is etchings in the rock as well. I would like to know what you all think this is, the type of rock and authentic or not. If authentic what would be the value of something like this, they are willing to sell for the right price.
    I would like as much information on this as I can get and appreciate any professional opinions on the topic. I have done extensive research and know quite a bit but would like to learn more.
    The 2 photos are in my album, I will mess with photobucket later

Moderator Note: profile album pictures no longer available

Geofact, made by mother nature nature.

Comment

look closely and you can cleary see some form of writing. Its similar to hieroglyphics but caveman style.

Comment

The only pics I see in your album are of a chunk of unworked rock, and a piece of eroded sandstone with a hole or two in it. Both geofacts never touched by man except when the finder picked them up.

Comment

Scams work because they make you see what you want to see.  I see Geofacts.  The writing you see is like staring at clouds.

Comment

Both are rocks. Would look good in any rock garden.
            Jack

Comment

Ok I am going to create a photobucket and post quite a bit of pics of the black artifact. You will see that this is not a geofact. I can understand the sandstone triangle one being a geofact  but the other is not. look for my next post.

Comment

Brandon
                We will take a look.
                Jack

Comment

:cheer:  :laugh:  :woohoo:  :blink:  :blink: !! Brandon, I would love to see the writing on the wall so to speak on that black one. The current pic angle shows us NOTHING of "caveman" writing! :blink: I hope this is a joke, cause its a good one. Made me look  :unsure: :laugh:  -Kenny

Comment

Hey dudes its kinda like?...Well when i take a new hunter out ..Young to older..They picks up rocks saying is this one...Is this one...I tells him...man!...you will know when you find one....same principal....You will know for sure if it was made by man!!...No Doubts...Im sure!......jon

Comment

kenny your funny... Wait till my next post which will be sometime tonight. I have been finding Indian artifacts for years and have many different things but this thing I am just not so sure about. I would really like to know what kind of rock it is.

Comment

I think I recognize this text, same Jargon different avatar -and- name, is it just me what Im reading here?? :unsure: Joeroy!!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing some petroglyphs/pictographs! that would be awesome. I believe that American Indians didnt have "writing" until a Cherokee in 1821 put together a syllabatry form. They used glyhs and pictographs from my understanding. There have been "writings" found, validity highly controversial, of Ancient Semitic origins and some ancient runes(Heavenery Stone). I dont believe these to be Native American . However, I would like to see what you have.-Kenny

Comment

Here we go again
                            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

ok jsrocks is obviously a modern day caveman but I must say thank you for your validity kenny

Comment

Working...
                              X