Woodville mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodville mississippi

Hey guys, new to this forum as well as artifact hunting. Found this rock in woodville mississippi in the middle of a creek. It's no longer than 2 inches long. Showed it to my buddy who goes hunting all the time and he can't tell me what it is but thinks it's definitely something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the site. Not sure what that is either.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

No, I'm not sure what it is either but those parallel lines on the bulbous end suggest it has to be sedimentary so I would guess it's another of nature's attempts to fool us with some differential erosion. A piece of rock with two layers of distinctly different hardness and resistance.
      Anyone trying to chip it to that shape at the top would quickly realise that they were trying to fracture it across its natural bedding planes rather than along them... which would be hard work.
      Welcome to the forum and keep looking.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

painshill wrote:

No, I'm not sure what it is either but those parallel lines on the bulbous end suggest it has to be sedimentary so I would guess it's another of nature's attempts to fool us with some differential erosion. A piece of rock with two layers of distinctly different hardness and resistance.
        Anyone trying to chip it to that shape at the top would quickly realise that they were trying to fracture it across its natural bedding planes rather than along them... which would be hard work.
        Welcome to the forum and keep looking.
        I have to agree!
        But welcome to AH.com :welcome:  Artifacts are out there.Keep looking!
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome from Central Illinois. Two of the best have given their opinion and I can't argue.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
          X