Unsure if this is a bannerstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamindian View Post
    ok thank you... I appreciate your help. Indeed I understand fully that a bannerstone is not it. As I stated it is the only thing close that I could compare it to. Again thank you for your courteous responses
    Well, I think I was more harsh then necessary, to be honest. I understand elsewhere you felt under attack. In fact, this object, and Ray has posted some great examples of what you found, is certainly something that would be a head scratcher to many people. Perfectly understandable why you compared it to a bannerstone. The shape was somewhat correct for a certain type of that type weight, the hole goes through, grooves are there. Very understandable. And we do try harder here, I believe, to not turn people off with negativity. It needs to always be an individual basis. We have had folks start calling us all kinds of names at the very first suggestion that "they are only rocks." The long history of such events on artifact forums means folks may leap to assumptions along the lines of "here we go again." I think my last reply to you indeed reflected the fact that I was afraid that's where we were going. And we did not. Because you are willing to learn and not dictate what answer you will accept.

I hope you stick around and we will be happy to help you with artifacts, minerals, fossils, etcetera. We have folks here who have good experience in just about every area mentioned.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Good point Charlie. iamindian, every member here would simply love to tell you "Great artifact find", but when that is not the case it does no one any good. As CMD said, stick around......ask and learn. Our info section has been under utilized lately but there are hours and hours of interesting reading.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

thank you for posting an example picture for me I appreciate it. I do see what you are saying... Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X