I have no idea..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea..

I found this years ago on a friends property in rural northwest Missouri. He said it's an arrowhead and he finds them all the time. If it is, can anyone tell me anything about it? I don't think I've ever seen this type of stone before and I don't know anything about arrowheads at all.

Sorry Lu, that's a natural formed rock. There is no indication of human modification
    South Dakota

Comment

Very interesting looking stone, I really like all the colors in it, I maybe wrong but it looks natural, not seeing any signs that it's been worked from the pic, like I said I may be wrong though

Comment

Looks like a "suggestive rock" as I call them... As others said, it doesn't appear to have been worked. It is a very fascinating rock though and if he finds them all the time it must be semi common in the area. There must be a reference to that type of rock somewhere on the old google machine.

Comment

I have to agree that it is a natural stone showing no modification by man. Welcome to the forum.......if you keep your eyes to the ground you will find a genuine artifact. Good luck and I hope you post a picture of one soon if you decide to take up this hobby.
          Southern Connecticut

Comment

Nice little piece of Mozarkite but not an arrowheads nor artifact. Mozarkite is the Missouri state rock. It is a semi precious material. Here is a nice nice Dalton made of that material.Click image for larger version

Name:	dalt 009.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	172020
            Last edited by Hoss; 09-01-2015, 09:46 PM.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

yup natural rock,and great looking piece of mozarkite

wouldnt take much work to make a point out of that piece

Comment

Agree with the others, but that it some good looking material. I'd like to have that Dalton Matt.

Comment

Working...
                X