Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be a stone tool?

Found in Corpus Christi TX

Looks like a chunk was knocked off the piece you have, but I see no evidence of use wear or effort to define a working edge

Comment

Nice natural stone. No tool marks. Just the beauty of mother nature. Love it.

Comment

Add it to the growing pile in your driveway that's looking like mine when I started ☹️
        Child of the tides

Comment

not a tool
          but a beautiful lithic material and is definatley knappable

is see your in the texas area
          if i lived in your area i would have the largest pile of knappable material and would never worry about running out
          not to mention the artifacts

Comment

• Trubke
            Trubke commented
            Editing a comment
            Lived in Texas, now new to GA. Learning now what all TX had I'm missing it dearly. I read about the Gault site this week and picked out all my similar looking finds. Two weeks ago I'd never heard the word colovis... Now it's my best new read.

Agree with others. Nice material.

Comment

Use wear is sometimes determined better with magnification. Expedient tools sometimes have no refinement. These kinds of finds are problematic. Only in the hands of a very experiences archaeologist MIGHT a determination be made. If you haven't already tried flint knapping get a hammer stone and try chipping at it for fun and experience. Learn the way stones break. Good luck and thanks for posting.
            New Jersey

Comment

Working...
            X