No announcement yet.

another Delusional Ebay Seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do realize you shared you thoughts in a topic which is posted in "Rocks Mistakenly Believed to be Artifacts" Your comment above states!
    " You have to hold these stones at the correct alignment with your eye and only 1 light source." I have to ask. What type source are we thinking the flicker of a campfire? The sun at the equinox sunrise? or sunset at solstice? Or maybe they had flashlights?
    I really don't think anyone should apologize for an opinion.
    You have yours . No one will fault you for your opinion. What you see due to pareidolia may not be seen by everyone.
    In the past hundred and fifty years Archaeology in the US has come a very long way. It still has a very long way to go. We are at the tip of an iceberg. However the methods of collection are meticulous at archaeological sites. Every stone is looked at by someone before it is ignored. Once they start seeing likenesses and similarities to other stones or found items it is documented. I wont say there is no such thing as portable rock art but it is not everywhere. Good luck with your collection. Also feel free to share some photos of the points and rocks you have. Welcome to arrowheads.com may the horse be with you. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_94374.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	587978
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, love it when you get wound up!

I know this is a really old post, but I have to say thank you to all of the professionals here. Pareidolia (probably spelled wrong) gets the best of me so much. It helps to have posts like these out there to have real examples to compare to. I'll still ask when I have doubts that it might be the real thing, even when knowing it's almost impossible, but at least seeing real examples helps. Just know that although many of us still ask (because, how amazing would it be to find something so rare?), there are many of us who are paying attention and learning a lot here!

Comment

E-bay really has a place in life. I have hunted for over 50 yrs and never found a complete Clovis. Just thinking all that time being spent when I could of spent 50 bucks for a 6 inch Clovis and just be happy with what I did find. And yes I have bought Clovis points, all from Lithic Casting Lab just to handle, some now worn very bad.
      SE IA

Comment

Methamphetamine induced delusions. Or LSD

Comment

Ebay is a double edged sword. On one hand some good buys on actual artifacts and on the other hand some slimy characters. Beside the ugly rocks that are claimed to be effigies, there are a few sellers that list about 20 reproductions each day. You have the guy who posts nice pics of points, against a red background. Modern, well knapped pieces of art but not ancient pieces. Every now and then he'll put in a real point but 98% are frauds. What is amazing, a lot of them sell for a surprising amount of money. His feedback is perfect so apparently no one has called him on fraud. I have to assume that the buyers know that they are frauds but are willing to pay $125 for a modern Clovis Fluted piece.

Comment

• clovisoid
            clovisoid commented
            Editing a comment
            Ebay protects sellers. As long as the seller offers a guarantee and honors it, you really can't leave negative feedback. Even positive feedback calling something a great replica can be removed if the seller requests it .

I Have seen these so called Clovis Points that are selling for hundreds of dollars.....obvious fakes. I have seen a lot of discussion on COA's From looking through my Overstreet
          Book 13th Edition, I have a good idea of what my Clovis point is worth....according to them. I am in the process of deciding on an authenicator/appraiser to acquire some paperwork
          on it. Guess I'll need guidance on who the go to guy is. I thought about IAGA in Ky. He's only a couple of hours away.

I assure you this is a personal creek find in southern Ill on private property.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0910 (2).JPG
Views:	143
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	608187

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not seen anyone here question your find as being something you yourself found. If I found it, I would not bother with an authenticator. I would not care if anyone believed me. I guess it helps if being sold, so I’d guarantee it. Let the buyer send it out for a paper. I’m sure I would never sell my best personal find, which that point would be. But, if someone doubted it, I would tell them it’s guaranteed, and otherwise I could not care less if you believe it’s real or not. My find does not hang on somebody else’s opinion. If that doesn’t work for someone, they don’t have to bid on it.

CMD...I like your opinion.. If I would sell it down the road; I would let the buyer send it out plus be willing to by it back if he was not satisfied; minus a 10% restock fee...

Comment

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you want good paper on it as well as some killer information, contact PK Frey. He’s awesome.

He has a site on the for sale part of the site called Raven’s Relics

• pkfrey
            pkfrey commented
            Editing a comment
            Let's see Jethro, this is March 2022. Your comment was Dec. 2021. I would say I'm a little behind here!! Thank You for the mention and your confidence in my abilities! I appreciate that!! Paul

I like that Clovis very much. It has some great characteristics. I would like to see the other side too. I had the opportunity to handle 18 large Clovis yesterday. One was almost identical to yours.

I also really, really like the Clovis hikergal found this summer. Every angle on authentic Clovis tells a story of how it was reduced, resharpened. Repaired, and used . Really old points also have a feel... hard to describe.

In my opinion, Dwain Roger's is the most respected paper. Virtually all the high end buyers will require him to handle it. He can also help get it the exposure you need to get the best price.
          Last edited by Garguy; 12-28-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X