farm implement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• farm implement?

I found this in the republican river after walking past it several times. it appears to be a chopping or digging tool. was it mounted or hafted or what?

Well, you might ought to have walked past it one more time, as it appears to be a naturally eroded rock. It does not resemble any known artifact type or tool.

Comment

thanks but its obviously a tool of some sort as it has flaking all around the edge of the protruding part. theres no question that its an artifact

Comment

Mother nature does some strange stuff, but I would lean towards erosion, I have actually pulled rocks from Beech Creek here in NE Ohio that I thought were starts or incompleted pipes because they had two holes started in them. But just mother nature. I have studied non point artifacts as an interest and have never seen any implement of stone that even simulates that, so I would lean towards geofact. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Mother Nature is erosion by water, and freezing/thawing, and wind, pressure, heat, cold, and even breaking by animals.  When you find a rock, it has had millions of years of natural action to shape and alter it.
          There are people that have found all kinds of shapes in natural rocks; it is like finding animals in clouds. But unless a rock has the tool signatures and is a recognizable type of tool, it is a geofact.

Comment

Working...
          X