painted slate and small tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painted slate and small tools

i did have a story that went with them but after typing it 2 times and losin  it while i was trying to add pics forget it lol

Pretty neat stuff Larry. Try a 3rd time for the story! lol

Comment

Those are natural concretions and not artifacts.

Comment

ill try it again, maybe i wont lose it this time lol.anyway i had to go to north GA the other day.I got there a lil early,and had a hr or so to kill.so i pulled off the rd by a river to kill a lil time.i seen there was alot chert and flint there.i thought maybe i would pick up a point or two.so i got off the beatin path a lil and came upon a spot where there was 100's of piaces of broke up slate and all of the was carved and painted.and i dont know how many lil tools made of chirt and quartzite.so i piled up a few lil piles i was going to find something to toat them out in later.i thought for sure there would be a few points around there so i didnt waste alot of time on the slate and tools.i moved on hunting them.a few mins later the sky opened up so i had to run for the car.on the way by one of the lil piles i grabed what you see in the pics.the next day i pulled the place up on google earth.and back dated as far as i could to see what it looked like befor they paut the 4 lane rd tru there.I seen that a few 100 yrds from where i found that stuff there was a perfet out line of a mound that was prob 200 by 200 foot long.and along the tree line there was piles of dirt.as well i could tell that alot of dirt had been pushed into the river there.its only a few miles down river from the capital of the cherokee nation.i got out my old exploration maps from the 15 16 and 1700's and from i see on them that whole river was coverd with mounds.now theres only a few left.i was hoping i would have time to stop back on my way back to pick some more stuff up but it was dark by time i left.so if anyone on this site lives close to rome or carterville that wants to know where they can load up,message me ill tell you where its at.

Comment

lol not even close.heres what they are part of. Etowah Indian Mounds State Historic Site
          ngeorgia.com/ang/Etowah_Indian_Mounds_State_Historic_Site - CachedSimilar- Block all ngeorgia.com results
          Not helpful? You can block ngeorgia.com results when you're signed in to search.ngeorgia.comLargest of the middle period Moundbuilders settlements, this state park also has a museum about the Mississippian culture

Comment

Interesting stuff Larry. Alot of horsecreek chert in that area also.

Comment

I'd agree with this expert assessment. Natural rocks.

Comment

Working...
              X