Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here and I have questions about these items.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and I have questions about these items.

These are items I found as a child while hunting arrowheads with my father in our freshly plowed fields in North west ohio , I have never been able to find any similar artifacts and would appreciate any help I can get in identifying them. I know the one object looks like a lead fishing weight but I assure you it is not metallic. The holes in the other egg shaped stone do not connect to each other.

I'm new to this so if I am doing this incorrectly going about things wrong I apologize, I have never joined an online group of any kind, just desperate to know what I have. Here is one more item I'm unsure of. It is a round stone that appears to be flattened.

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Mark there is a tutorial for new users. You should post your question about what you found in it's own topic. I Have moved these for you to the what did I find area.You should also create a new topic in the welcome to the forum section introducing yourself. http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/n...te-a-new-topic

I am sending you a private message. If you look to the top of the page right side you will see the word "messages" just left of your screen name. Click that and you will see I have sent you a message. It will probably be sent in five minutes or so so if it aint there yet please be patient . Welcome to Arrowheads.com
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Agree with hoss. But from the pictures you posted they look like plain rocks too me. Welcome to the forum post some better pics and maybe we can say they are something else. If they do turn out to be something nest find but its hard to tell from the pics you posted.

Comment

Would really like to see better closeup pics.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mark.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

welcome top the forum Mark! your pics appear to be natural rocks as the others have said but better pics may prove enlightening on that last one possibly. Try taking some pics in natural light outside, that seems to help a lot of people with images on forums.
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

The folded dark brown rock appears to be a type of basalt, perhaps sent your way by glacier from Canada or Michigan. That eyeball is an agate which was at one time probably living inside a piece of basalt with its brothers until it was freed by some violent action or caressed out by lapping waters and time. That pylon guy, in my world that is a coral, maybe an Emperor Horn variety. That big dark rock, most likely water-worn. Sure would make a grand hammerstone though. I like your rocks, never... ever... part with them. Glad you have managed to keep a grip on something from your youth.

Comment

Working...
              X