we just dont know./

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we just dont know./

These things were found by the lots all types of these stones round balls most are inbedded in rock about 1 to 3 inchs in the area the soil has been pulled away about 3 feet deep and left things like this everywhere.. its next to a large lake which was once a huge river valley.any ideas??

NR.
    Can you show use some pictures. Might be a bunch of cooking balls. They heated them up in a fire then dropped them in their food to heat up.
    Jack

Comment

im having trouble with the pics working on it right now

Comment

sorry if double post.

Comment

They look like clay or mud-stone pieces that are shaped that way by nature, then maybe turned to sandstone, can't see from the pic, but it's very similar to any clay deposits I've ever seen, but maybe are the same but older and exposed.....make sense?
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

I agree with Tom, these are not man made but a product of Mother Nature.
            Jack

Comment

The knife blade was napped and the ends edged and fine worked on one side i have handles that  arent sandstone and all pieces seem to be hand worked someway for sure up close the balls we are finding are very hard and well made you can see usage for sure plus i havent seen any other rock like that some pieces are truely magnificent but if they are just earth made how did they survive under water for 100 years the water fell then dropped when it dropped badly it left 3-5 foot of topsoil into the ground when the water was added the dirt then dropped fast to leave the larger pieces exposed? i can for sure exclude this area and these stones not being worked by something ill get better images later upclose.
                save the image then zoom into the pieces close look around them also this place would have been a mans pradise along time ago.  well worth defending it may even have a huge stone building built into a cliff side which was at one time overlooking a huge green river valley.

Comment

Working...
              X