Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake Moustache Simpson point.... when will THEY learn?!?!?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Moustache Simpson point.... when will THEY learn?!?!?!!

"Moustache Simpsons"...... VERY RARE. Most specimens come from a rather small area of Florida along the Suwannee River in Suwannee County, FL. Only a few dozen REAL examples that I know of and I've only seen a few at shows. I believe all examples are less than 3 inches or so and I believe most are made of chert. Late Paleo.... Points of this age are PATINATED and RAW. This ebay point is a total fake. Fresh, Heat treated. looks like coral. Huge. Baker COA. Wrong work! 9 bids.. over 350 dollars... Can't fix stupid or greedy. And the idiot selling it has a great reputation on ebay because that system does not work at all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Killer-Must....c100005.m2219
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

You can't always save people from themselves. As for Baker, in any further proof we're needed, man....
    Rhode Island

Comment

Geezzzzz
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

damn,smh

definetly looks like heated coral,and also looks like it was a slab to boot

Comment

Looks freshly knapped, even to my blind eyes.
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Pretty tough to watch these activities go on unabadded in such an open way, yet be helpless to do anything about it... Karma will catch up to these unscrupulous characters one day!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• pkfrey
              pkfrey commented
              Editing a comment
              This activity is actually criminal, but there's no way to prove it. Offering a known reproduction and selling it as ancient and authentic is fraud, and as soon as someone buys it, and money changes hands,that's fraud by deception. The COAs are perfectly legal,no matter how ridiculous they are. The authenticater isn't actually offering an authentication paper, just an opinion in writing. But it's on the accuser to prove there rip off artists are knowingly selling fakes, and that's near impossible to do.There have been a few civil suit cases that have been won, but I don't know what those circumstances were.

Every day, Lawdy.
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

Disgusting...I always like to message these sellers with a little note saying something like, "get a job like the rest of us" or something to that effect.

Comment

• Pinetree1
                Pinetree1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Does "speedmaster" come from the printing presses made by Heidlberg?

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Holy moly Speedmaster where you been at? Pinetree Speedmaster owned a Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster Motorcycle not sure if he still has it or not. I see him on Facebook but rarely here. Wish he would come back and post some he has some nice Artifacts. One of the nicest hoes I ever saw and his personal find Hardin is one of the best.

Dang, I can get an Indiana popeyed birdstone for $56 from this seller!
              I do the same thing from time to time Speedmaster and good to see you back.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I recently saw a post with a whole frame just like this one somewhere! If I could just remember where?πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜€ Absolutely unreal how we went from maybe 20 authentic specimens to these things popping up everywhere! 😜

Comment

This same point sold last week for $710 with 20 bids..... and is back up again this week on eBay. Bidding ongoing again now around 7 bids. AND THIS SELLER HAS 100% SELLER RATING..... This point like other fakes will be sold, resold, re COA'd by crooks or idiots, will be put into frames with possibly real artifacts, given fake provenance, kept in the family. Makes me mad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Killer-Must...IAAOSwc6pZ5~Tv

I have the answer
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tomclark; 11-30-2017, 09:58 AM.
                  Professor Shellman
                  Tampa Bay

Comment

πŸ’₯πŸ”¨πŸ‘

Comment

Tom report him . eBay is pretty tough on stuff . They just don’t know . If you just push report or get online with someone ( I have done this ) they will look into it ASAP

Comment

UH? Hey Tam, I don't know who you know or what strings you pulled, but in my experience, I have been on the phone with ebay reps., trying to report several people who consistently sell repro Pa. artifacts. The response was, " Thank you, sir. We'll look into that " Well, the sellers are still on there, selling fakes! At 10% comm., Ebay rakes in maybe $5K a month from a single seller. Do you really think they care? This entire hobby has come down to dollars and cents. And that Baker guy, he makes more selling his COAs than I make on Soc. Sec. in a month! The only recourse to stopping all this fraud is for collectors to educate themselves and STOP BUYING! And believe it or not, the fake artifacts are devaluing the good ones. When a G10 authentic artifact shows up, no one pays what it's worth, because they are skeptical based on all the fakes they have seen. Right now this one guy has a fake rhyolite Clovis from Pa! I doubt if it's a year old! I pushed the report button on that one, but it's still there! If someone buys it, he'll put another one up. STOP BUYING FROM THESE CROOKS, and maybe they'll go away! A fake Moustache Simpson for $1800.00. !!! Since that one sold, I'm sure another will take it's place, it's never ending!!
                        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Speed master ??? Bean a while !!! And what a thread to come back on lol .... it is disgusting !!!
                          As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                          NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                          X