ADZE found in the St. Lawrence River area in 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADZE found in the St. Lawrence River area in 1982

Need to see better pictures. This looks like a rock.
    Jack

Comment

Unfortunately I can't seem to take any pictures that are better.  You are right; it is a rock.  A rock that has been fashioned into an adze.  It has been identified by Peabody Museum, Harvard University.

Comment

Here we go again!!!!!!!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Lakota
          Show better pictures of the rock. If you cannot take a better picture of the rock then never mind. I think Mr Peabody was drinking. 
          Jack

Comment

Thanks for sharing!! Love it!!

Comment

Here is a thread I started a while back it has some really good examples of ground stone and chipped tools from some of our members. There are celts and adze blades and a small axe in the photos.

Lakota if your item looks like one of these items then try and post some better pictures. We would like to see it. I am in CT so our artifacts would be similar in shape. There are some really cool people in your state that could help you out if the pictures put any doubts in your mind!
              New York Archaeology raises awareness of the archaeology of NY state, provides resources for education, professional archaeologists, compliance with laws.

That is a link to the NEW YORK STATE ARCHAEOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION they have offices all over your State and probably one right near you. There is contact info on that page. I encourage you to arrange to take that item to one of the offices near you and have it looked at.
              Thanks
              Hoss
              PS keep us posted as to what you find out!
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well done Hoss, thanks for sharing those links. I have found lots of celts and maybe an adze or two. I have seen a whole lot more. The pics are bad as has been discussed but this is not adze or an artifact .
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                X