• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kind of point is this

Normal rock imo
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Agree with Jay, just a rock. You should familiarize yourself with actual Native American artifacts to get an idea of what they look like. You can do that easily by browsing the various sections of the forum here.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

First off, welcome to the forum! Now..Can we get a pic of the other face and a pic of the side to show thickness? Is there any flaking other than the two spots on the side? If the other side shows some flaking it could be a uniface tool of some sort, but from this one pic it is kinda hard to say that it is anything other than a rock or a spall at best. Typically, with non-descript items especially, we'd like to see multiple pics to show the whole of the piece. Also general location info helps alot, i.e. your state, region of the state that you're in, and your county if you wish to include it. You can add that info to your profile so it shows at the bottom of your posts and you won't get asked repeatedly.
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I agree with just a rock
          South Dakota

Comment

Anyone have any knowledge of this point. Found this beautiful in a low lying River a few weeks after flooding. Location Laclede county Missouri

Comment

Not a point. Just a rock.

Comment

I've officially had this authenticated so anyone want to take another guess. Just wanted to see how knowledgeable members are on here and so far my conclusion is not very trusting.

Comment

DO NOT MAKE DUPLICATE POST OF THE SAME ITEM IN DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE FORUM!
                  This will not change our responses! Now your trying to piggy back other peoples post with your ROCKS!

Your claim of having this rock "authenticated" is laughable and an obvious grasp for validation, but please prove me wrong and show us those papers and tell us who's the smart guy who authenticated it???

I've now moved this thread to "Rocks mistakenly believed to be artifacts" because Rock Turnerhas failed to provide anymore information to prove this item is an artifact.
                  Last edited by Kyflintguy; 05-02-2018, 08:51 AM. Reason: Confused moving the op post twice with another poster.
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

And since its "officially authenticated" what was the answer to "what kind of point is this?"
                    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Originally posted by RockTurner View Post
                      I've officially had this authenticated so anyone want to take another guess. Just wanted to see how knowledgeable members are on here and so far my conclusion is not very trusting.
                      You're always entitled to your own opinion, as is the person you say authenticated it for you. But, keep in mind, you were given honest answers from artifact collectors with probably well over a hundred years of collective experience. And one thing it is not is a point. Also, informing us, as you do in this statement, that you are posting this to "test" our knowledge is deceptive unless you state it up front, in your initial comment. That's no way to get off on the right foot, I think we can all agree. You don't like hearing it is not a point, but that is the truth, it is not a point. Rather then test us, let your disappointment go, it's not the end of the world that you are mistaken regarding what you found. You're not going to convince anybody here that a rock is a projectile point. If you want to disagree, just lay off the insults while you still have time.

Rhode Island

Comment

• chase
                        chase commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lmao no you sell your self short you and me combined have well over a hundred years and add others is well over a thousand years

• CMD
                        CMD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, I hear ya, chase. Heck, I started collecting when Grant was President, lol...

I am in for a good one here . Flip that over and take a good pic of that lower right side that looks like some work . You know the area I am talking about .
                      That will bring some clarity to human modification .

Comment

When an artifact is an artifact you take it home when you take a rock home it's a specimen
                        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                        X