Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another forum, he is now accepting experienced opinions of what he presents, says he understands the points of doubt raised, and is thanking people for their opinions....
    Rhode Island

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
      On another forum, he is now accepting experienced opinions of what he presents, says he understands the points of doubt raised, and is thanking people for their opinions....
      Ha, well I guess he did learn something here, how not to get banned.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

All the time laughing at us for spending time on his nonsense.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Of the two threads I saw here, he was respectful. I can't find anywhere where he laughed or mocked us, as some do when they don't hear what they wanna hear. Now, he took some decent mocking elsewhere, and maintained his cool throughout. I told it like it is at one point, did not hold back, but kept it respectful, and that may have done the trick. Not sure. These kind of strange fixations are very difficult to understand, frankly. I've noticed enough of them over the years, and many explanations could be offered. Basically, people need to be told that we have hundreds of years of collective experience, they have zero experience, they need to understand that, and trust us to not lead them astray. Period. This particular fixation, rocks designed to spin on flat surfaces, obviously had all kinds of flaws in reasoning and inference, but he was never a troll. He has demonstrated that much elsewhere. I still would like to know what causes these unusual thought processes where rocks are concerned. I could write a book at this point, lol....
          Rhode Island

Comment

I could have kept him here but what good does it do the forum?
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

We’re still talking about this guy?!
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Jay, Everyone has to put their "Spin" on it. lol

• OnewiththewilD
                OnewiththewilD commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol!

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
              I could have kept him here but what good does it do the forum?
              Yep, and I was not in any way leaning in the direction of "why was he banned?" Not at all. I believe in banning in the interest of forum quality control. Some forums excercise more quality control then others. His posts added nothing educational where the subject of Native American artifacts were concerned.

I was simply voicing my interest in the overall subject of such posters from the point of view of a social scientist, which reflects my interest often enough, as well as my training. There is, for instance, an overall erosion in trust in all sources of authority, political, religious, scientific. Witness the explosion of interest in Flat Earth theory. Some people embrace out of left field theories as a result of the general erosion of trust in authority. Sometimes they need to be told that our experience trumps their inexperience, and while they may distrust authority, we won't steer them wrong, and if they don't trust us, at least take their ideas elsewhere.

So my friends will have to forgive the fact that I am interested in this phenomenon from the point of view of a social scientist, and even human psychology. It won't happen again, I'll keep my interests to myself in the future if it's boring people to such a degree. Sayonara, amigos!

Rhode Island

Comment

Look, this whole “Freddy” thing went far south. Never my intentions, I just find it strange that there’s soooo many great other posts by people finding actual no doubt about artifacts and a lot of times those posts get little to no recognition, yet random yahoo’s with rocks and far fetched theories seem to get the best of us all and their posts over nothing end up getting hundreds of views. I dunno,Everybody loves a train wreck I guess,lol.
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Cskelton
                  Cskelton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Couldnt have said it better myself.... serms like legot posts, some with very genuine questions, dont even get a response...

• Ron Kelley
                  Ron Kelley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I totally agree with you guys Jay and Chad. Your written words here are my thoughts in black and white.

I guess it is time to just close ths topic to further discussion. I posted Barney because he always said (Move along nothing to see here!) I should have just added his quote when posted his picture.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	nip it.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.4 KB ID:	308662

Last edited by Hoss; 07-15-2018, 04:07 PM.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                X