• Show
Clear All

• Flat

1. K

What did you find? Two rocks.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

We like to use words around here to explain a post or the reasoning behind a post Freddy. Your leaving it to us to guess at what you mean, and right now I'm guessing your trying to throw shade at us over the closed threads... Bad move!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	307896
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          The avatar you put in place is awesome Matt.

• JoshinMO
          JoshinMO commented
          Editing a comment
          They don't make Movies like That anymore.

Sorry, was asked what proof I had the natives had a flat surface to play on so I found one. I don’t want to start a big argument, just prove my point. Some will think it’s cool, some won’t.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	don knotts.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	307902
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
            Tam commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh gosh

Did your round rock perform well on your hypothetical flat surface? ... Your logic is flawed and the only thing you've proven is how incapable you are of accepting advice from experienced artifact collectors who volunteer there own free time helping people who WANT TO LEARN about artifacts. You can count me as one of those "who won't" "think it's cool".
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Your right ! The earth has flat areas .. very good ! Got it ..

Comment

Ay caramba!

Last edited by CMD; 07-11-2018, 04:00 PM.
              Rhode Island

Comment

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                I love the suggested videos that pop up after the video is over..really fitting

😂🤣😂 that’s hilarious. And ya know now that I’ve seen that I’m totally totally convinced that the round rock with “the right markings you wanna see” that spins and hops up and you’ll never find another one like it in nature, with 3/4 cortex that makes it cooler, is indeed, a 100 percent authentic, worthless stone.
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Maybe It was for Comedy? At least It gave You all Something to laugh at.
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Josh I never laugh when I have to ban someone.

• JoshinMO
                  JoshinMO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right after I posted that I thought Someone might not like that, but I seen The Character's and such. Sorry for The misunderstanding Matt.

OK, he wanted to demonstrate that natives did have flat surfaces upon which to balance rocks. Maybe such surfaces could be used to spin round rocks, though he did not mention that usage. He admitted that balancing a rock as in this demonstration might not have been how it was used by natives, but the lower rock is an artifact, he claimed, it has a flat surface, and so what the video demonstrates was possible. He found a flat surface is the bottom line claim. I guess because people told him natives would not have had tabletops. He is considering taking everything to the Robbins Museum of the MAS, and, he stated "if they laugh, they laugh."
                Rhode Island

Comment

I’d like to be a fly on the wall that day,lol. His bottom “artifact” looks like a regular water worn rock that broke in half and was waterworn again taking off the sharp angles of the break is all. I think he’d be better off starting by just looking for quartz flakes....
                  call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Freddy, you're really rather tiresome.
                    Child of the tides

Comment

I guess he rose to the challenge. He didn't present his post in the right way though. Gotta hand it to him for trying...thennnnn gotta take it away from him for not realizing it was a rhetorical challenge.
                      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
                      X