Rock Art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Art?

I rencently found these aling the san jacinto river just north of cleveland texas... Would like to sell but dont know where to start.

Hi Stacy,
    Im moving your post to "Rocks Mistakenly believed to be arifacts" as those are not artifacts but likely just pieces of petrified wood imo. They are definitely not "Rock Art"...
    We do not allow selling of artifacts or anything else on our forums pages. We also don't knowingly give selling appraisals or talk prices here either. Sorry, but this forum is about learning not about helping people sell. We would be over ran with people looking for free appraisals to line there own pockets if we did...
    Last edited by Kyflintguy; 07-21-2018, 11:53 AM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

In my research i found almost identical pieces to these 2... Are we sure they are not more than petrified wood?

Comment

Your pictures are not in good focus for identification, with nothing for scale in them to get an idea of size either.
        From what I can see though, I don't see any artifacts. Maybe a chunk of nice chert, but nothing that has been manipulated by human hands to be tools or "art". When ancient man made art it would generally look like something you or I made with clear intent as to purpose and form. Not something you have to squint and stand on your head to see. It's common for people like yourself to bring in ordinary rocks thinking they have been altered to be "art". But vast majority of the time it is those people's speculative imaginations getting the best of them. If you don't believe me take a good look through the section were I placed this post.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

You can get about 18 dollars a yard for gravel like that. A yard is about three tons you would get more if you delivered it.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Wow! I was just looking for some help didn't expect to be treated like a 5 year old...

Comment

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              You asked for opinions. That is natural stone not carved, not art. If it is small then it is basically gravel. If you want an opinion on your art well just go back over to the website you did your research on and try selling your art to them .
              Last edited by Hoss; 07-22-2018, 09:09 PM.

Kyflintguy i will get them out and show pictures to scale... Trust me when i tell you i have a ton of rocks and petrified wood and only a very few have peeked my interest. It is certainly not gravel.

Comment

Sorry it's not what you want to hear... but they're definitely not artifacts of any kind... completely natural and only worth what someone out there is willing to pay. My guess would be worthless. But if you like them, keep them.
              Last edited by filmiracl; 07-22-2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

" "Rock Art?

Yesterday, 12:20 PM
                I rencently found these aling the san jacinto river just north of cleveland texas... Would like to sell but dont know where to start."
                Originally posted by Stacylynn1130 View Post
                In my research i found almost identical pieces to these 2... Are we sure they are not more than petrified wood?
                " Start where you did your research!" They try to sell thier art on that page. You must have seen that in your research??? Go back and ask them to buy your stuff. The opinion here is those are natural rocks. Now I hope you have been helped .
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                X