Awesome stone found ginseng hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome stone found ginseng hunting.

hi everyone! My son and daughter in law was digging ginseng in Owen county in Indiana, and she stubbles over this neat stone. Knowing I like strange things she just sent me photos. This thing has a killer tip on it. Anyone know if it’s anything as a relic or just a stone?

Cool stone, but totally natural
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Notarelichunter
      Notarelichunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks jay! I kind of thought that it was not man made, but I’m learning something new everyday.

I agree with Jay. That is a cool home made cellphone speaker amplifier/ sound system in the second pic. I make those from time to time.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Great outlook too, right on man.
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Tell me about the ginseng . There is another member that hunts it . I have not found it on my property yet and may plant some . They have a hunting time in Georgia with registration .
        Do you have a buyer ?
        lots of questions . I have a friend that was in China and went into a holistic Medical place . Told him he was from Georgia and the shop owner said his best ginseng was from Georgia .

Comment

• Notarelichunter
          Notarelichunter commented
          Editing a comment
          My son purchased a 58 acre farm in Owen County a few years ago. They found ginseng patches on their property. My daughter in law told me that they dig enough ginseng to cover all their holiday expenses. She said her neighbor has 128 acres that they have permission to hunt on also. I think she told me that they dug 100 lbs. last year.

Thanks everyone for the reply on this strange stone. I sent photos of this stone to mr. Paul Frey and he sent me back some useful information. I contacted my daughter in law and told her that it was a neat stone and to put it in her rock garden. Here is Paul’s reply.

Comment

Thank you for the answer on the Ginseng I really appreciate it .It does seem like I need quite a bit but it would not hurt to get it started .
          I was so happy to see Paul give you a professional answer on your find .
          we all can learn from him .

Comment

Working...
          X