spent core used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spent core used

found this a long while back, spent core used as ax/chopper,,fits perfectly in my hand in several useful positions, hafted for for handle, and signs of wear from handle, every ridge,groove, and indention has a purpose,, maybe some mineralized residue where the handle set ???

Doug
    This is not a tool, its a rock with nature made spals.
    Jack

Comment

not this time,this is some type of chert and it is a spent core that has been well used and worked, hafted for handle and all,,please look close Jack,,not looking for it to be verified,,,but thanks for reply

Comment

I'm not seeing it either Doug, I've looked carefully several times now and I'm just not seeing it.
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

I gotta agree with Jack and Chris. I think is a natural rock.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Really Doug?
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

oh yes really,,on Saturday Dec 31st, 2 archeologists from University of Texas @ Tyler came to visit me, Tom Guderjan and Mark Walters , my site here on my farm will be a recorded site with the state soon, here in my area of East Texas there is no supply of good material for tool making, so all materials where tried and used, the spent core in this post is grooved for hafting and is a very nice artifact according to my friends from UT. as is the hide scraper/chopper/tool in another post, my other 'rocks' i have are also part of my nice artifact collection,,some i did not recognize as to what they are, such as a small grooved axe and other East Texas only artifacts....not one to toot my own horn,, but LMAO

Comment

I think it is safe to call it a tool, especially if your finding them amongst other known artifacts. For instance I can tell what rocks were brought up from the creekbed and used for different purposes. You have to take all possibilities into account though. Cheers on your tax deduction! Sandy

Comment

Last week two aliens landed in my back yard and handed me a bunch of Clovis points. Told me they were responsible for the creation of the Clovis and distribution of the Clovis to all those native peoples 12,000 years ago. Said it was time for them to be recognized for there efforts and work and ask me to inform the world.
                  Showed these points and photos to both Carl Sagen and Stephen Hawking, they are both to do televised events concerning this event.
                  Also have pictures, may be a bit fuzzy. Will post later when my camera quits acting up and the battery is charged

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Last week two aliens landed in my back yard and handed me a bunch of Clovis points. Told me they were responsible for the creation of the Clovis and distribution of the Clovis to all those native peoples 12,000 years ago. Said it was time for them to be recognized for there efforts and work and ask me to inform the world.
                    Showed these points and photos to both Carl Sagen and Stephen Hawking, they are both to do televised events concerning this event.
                    Also have pictures, may be a bit fuzzy. Will post later when my camera quits acting up and the battery is charged
                    Greg, three weeks ago three aliens landed in my front yard and gave me solutrean tools kits from Maine!!!!! :woohoo:
                    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Here is a picture of my Dad this is vintage late 40's early 50's  Basing the circa on the hogs attributes and the WWII Ike jacket! As you can see he was visited long before you guys and passed the knowledge down to me!

PS I wish I got the bike too!
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Cool pic of your Dad Matt.
                        And dang,one upped again, by two of you!, but still gonna post those pics!

Comment

Ok  Greg can't wait to see them.  :cheer:
                          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

i came to these forums to ask questions about items that i find in a camp site, not to make jokes of others or to be the but of others attempts at jokes, i now have local experts to help me with my questions, i do fell sorry for those who do not think outside the box or ask questions, most will be happy to hear that i will not be back to this site, thanks to all for their replies

Comment

Well Dough I for one am sorry to hear that. I thought you had a thicker skin than that.
                              Hope you reconsider.

Comment

Working...
                              X