Another "What is it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "What is it"

It measures 3 1/4" long, 1 5/8" wide -and- 3/4" thick. It looks like half of something but really doesn't appear to be broken. Was this made this way for some reason? I looked in all my books and couldn't find anything so here I am again. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get but one picture to upload so the others are in my photos, December 18, 2010 finds. :S

You can hit edit and add another picture..Looks very crude almost crude enough not to be man made..

Comment

That looks like a rock to me.
      Jack

Comment

Even though it looks edged I think it is from being hit by something else other than ancient man. Sorry I think it is just a rock too.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I have one more question. I have been reading other posts on here and noticed different people talking about UV lights, black lights and using microscopes to study these rocks. What do you look for? I just want to learn more about this.    :huh:  Hope you don't mind all the questions!

Comment

The lighting is to look under preferrably a microscope to check for modern chipping, mineral deposits and the like, to assure that artifacts are authentic and not modern reproductions or altered to look a little better by modern resharpening. That is just a quick answer but it helps get the convo started

Comment

Sorry to me it's another rock not shaped by man.

Comment

Working...
              X