something kool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something kool

i have found some sort of scope. I have had this rock forever but could never figure out it's use until now. The way the finger impressions are, your fingers fit perfectly and there's a slight indent where it rest on your thumb.The way you hold it was so odd and I couldn't figure out what it was used for and kept throwing me off.It has a large hole on one side and is hollowed out and it has a small hole on the other end, opposite side. It isn't a pipe or instrument, Then, I held it up to my eye and there it was. This was it's purpose. To look at what, I don't know. I do know that if you look at an object and then put the stone up to your eye and look at the same object through the stone, it gets bigger.when you hold it up to you eye and then away, it's smaller. It's hollowed out in an S sorta shape but the finger grip is amazing.it was definetly used alot. It also has tyo eyes and a nose carved out on the large hole side.It also looks like an eye has been etched around the big hole and eyelashes or sunburst but there's lines coming out of the big hole. talk to me and tell me what you think and if you've ever heard of such a tool.Does anyone know who I can contact about it.
    angela

You might have a pipe of some kind but the pictures aren't very good and I can't tell. Try a few more pictures. From your description i would say a pipe.

Comment

I'm with shartis,  need better pictures.
      Gary
      South Dakota

Comment

Hi Shartis,
        I know I thought it might be a pipe as well but I assure you, it's not. It has no residue what so ever in it and it's holes are on opposite ends and opposite sides. The way it fits in your hand there's no way it's a pipe. The interesting thing about it is when you hold it up and look through it(as the way it fits for your fingers and thumb) it doesenlarge whatever you're looking at. I have a video on how it works but I'm not sure how to post it. If you would like to see it I can e-mail it to you.I posted more pictures for you as you requested.
        Let me know please.
        Angela

Comment

I posted new pictures. I assure you it's not a pipe.

Comment

They made items for necklaces just like we do today. It might be a large bead of sorts or even a pendant. I only have found 3 drilled pieces in a year. I have found some tie on items. They usually have notches on the sides for a string to be tied around them. I havent found a lot of them but they still had them. I dont want to say its a natural item cause I really cant tell from your pictures. I would be interested in seeing it without you holding it maybe both sides with something to compare to size maybe a quarter next to it.

Comment

Angela
              I can't see what you're describing in the pictures, but any small hole (in a stone or anything else) will perform like a lens. The smaller the hole, the better. It's a fundamental principle of optical physics. As well as being the principe behind the "pinhole camera", it's also the way in which Ronald Reagan allegedly cheated in his military eye examination:
              How to change depth of field in photography. This tutorial provides an easy to learn, step-by-step lesson on how to get short and long depth of field

Roger
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I have to say I think this is a natural hole in your rock. The hole looks like anything like drilled, the hole would be pretty much round. I have to admit I did try it though. Roger nailed it.
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Hi Rodger,
                  I know that is what it is. I swear whethe way I show,  you hold it in your hand the way the finger tip indentation is, it's a perfect fit. The wierd thing is exactly how you said. When you hold it up to your eye, it does make everything bigger. I figured that out the first time I looked through it. It's definetly used to look through. It's hard to explain but when you look through it, everything else is blocked out so all you see is the same as if looking through a scope. Maybe for hunting, or watching someone or something. Who knows. Maybe even the stars. Whatever is was used for, by looking through it, it allows you to focus on just that and really does enlarge whatever your looking at. Thank you for your thoughts on that too. All I want to know is who do I talk to about it because this is definetly a different type of tool. It could open doors on somethings.
                  Thank you so much,
                  Angela

Comment

Hey itwasluck,
                    I have pictures posted of the stone sitting on a black plate,then I flipped it directly over to the other side so you could see the holes. Here are some more pics.I put a nickel next to it
                    Thank you
                    Angela
                    Let me know what you think
                       Attached files 

Comment

I think I forgot to tell you to take your pictures outside. And use the marco setting on your camera. Marco is the flower. This will make your pics come out clean hopefully. Then we can see it better. It is hard to tell from a good pic let alone a dark one. I have to work all day and it will probably be tomorrow before I will see it. Thank You

Comment

The principles of the pinhole camera and the “camera obscura” (a way of projecting the image formed by a pinhole) were known to the Chinese as long ago as the 5th Century BC and to the Greeks in the 4th Century BC. The earliest recorded observation of sunspot activity dates to 364BC in China and this was probably achieved using a pinhole of some kind. I’m not aware of any evidence for similar usage by native Americans… even in later times... but I'm open-minded about the possibility at least.
                        In many ancient cultures, it has been remarked that we do not have a satisfactory explanation for how minute details in things like gem carvings were achieved without the use of magnifying devices. Gorelick -and- Gwinnett (1981) conducted experiments with pinholes to see if this provided an answer, but they concluded there were too many practical difficulties and the magnification was too low. They also looked at examples and reconstructions of things we believe to be crystal “lenses” which may date back as far as 3,000 years ago. Although the magnification was reasonable (up to about 2 dioptres in some cases), the image was too heavily distorted to be of value.
                        Even though your holed stone behaves like a lens, that doesn’t mean that it was used as such. All small holes will behave that way. If the evidence is there that it is an artefact (still can’t see it in the pics) then that still doesn’t mean that it was used as a lens or viewing aid of any kind. It’s gonna require something really convincing to prove that.
                        Roger
                        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

You would have it if you could hold it in your hand. The faint thumb print and the finger indentations are there to hold it in that such way.
                          Thanl you,
                          Angela

Comment

I think it's a natural rock as well.
                            Southern Connecticut

Comment

Ok here's some pics outside. The first one is just a pic. The second and third one I'm showing you where there's a slight indentation where the thumb rest.the fourth and fifth show the finger indentation and where the fingers go, the sixth and seventh shows you how to hold it, then thenext shows the lines around the hole and the last show the face
                                 Attached files 

Comment

Working...
                              X