hello everyone from the Flint River in Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone from the Flint River in Georgia

Here is my "mystery rock" i found near my cabin. Seems to have glyphs and effigies carved on it....I have had it for years and have photoshopped it to death trying to make something from the images...what do you think? It fits your hand perfectly as it is passed around. Smudging platform? Nutting Stone? Peyote bowl? :dry:

Not a mystery rock, those dips and dives are natural and were not put there by man.
    Jack

Comment

I think natural or either a hammer stone. I cant really see the whole rock. The bangs might be the reason you are seeing pieces missing from the stone. I got some hammer stones in my front flower bed. I got one good nutting stone from the same place and it might even be a large hammer with a thump grip and not a nutting stone at all. They do look alike sometimes. I am from Georgia also. Welcome to the forum! Most of all dont get discouraged use it as a learning tool! I got some items in my profile pics that you might be interested in seeing.

Comment

Welcome to the website.  There are lots of very knowledgeable people on here.
        I've learned lots,  knowing nothing at first.  Hope you enjoy the site.
        Gary
        South Dakota

Comment

Welcome from Central Illinois. I have to agree this is a natural formation.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
          X