Traced what looks like a mammoth incised carving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traced what looks like a mammoth incised carving

Hello .I found what really looks like a mammoth etched into a rock .So I traced it and was incredibly astonished on how accurate it looks .
    II honestly wouldn't be able to freehand draw this even if I was offered 1000.00 dollars . Let me know what you guys think of the accuracy to the real thing .I loved that it even had the fingers end in the detail.

It would definitely help if we saw a picture of the rock...I am not sure about things like this until I see it. 9/10 it is just natural.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Where is the rock? Don't see a rock. Just a sketch on paper or whatever. You should be able to do better than that. Or maybe not.

Comment

Geez....

Comment

Upside down I see a court jester.
          SE IA

Comment

Did they have fingers

Comment

• flintguy
              flintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              An Elephant's trunk has two lip like lumps at the tip that have high dexterity, like fingers. I assume that's what they mean. I sure would like to see that rock.

• Okie1
              Okie1 commented
              Editing a comment
              We’ll never see the rock....

• flintguy
              flintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope.

Yeah no I totally have lots of pictures of the rock .I just wanted to see if anyone was interested. I think it's icredincin

Comment

No fossil evidence indicates that any adult woolly mammoths lacked tusks.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

• flintguy
                flintguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Tom, as you said there are no fossil evidence of mammoths lacking tusks, but there are a lot of credible cave depictions of mammoths without tusks in Europe. So much so, it has been speculated it might have been a genetic anomaly that occurred from time to time. Strangely, I was just reading about it before this post. Not saying Organic86 has a rock with a tuskless mammoth carving, just that a lot of cave paintings are missing the tusks. Just responding on an interesting side topic from your post.

I can see what I think are very faint tusks. I didn't trace because the light was low .

Comment

Low light huh? do you have to dim the lights to see what you think you see?
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

This is a really strange thread , but highly entertaining ...

Comment

Well if you have the pictures of the rock, show us! Don't keep us waiting in suspense.
                    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

No it's actually prrtty detailed. I'll find the pictures tonight!

Comment

I kinda feel like people maybe read about the Vero tusk section and think they have something rare or see rock art that is selling for as much as legitimate artifacts. One can use paredolia as an explanation but there has to be something else going on... Perhaps that a certain piece will bring riches from an item obtained at little or no cost.? Is it economical? What is strange is that a couple of friends have viewed my collection and proceeded to send picture after picture of rocks... It's frustrating to say the least! What can be done about this? I know the moderators have created places to post things of this sort, and are probably blue in the face...as many of the members are!
                        North Carolina

Comment

• Okie1
                          Okie1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It doesn’t help that there are people on here that will say “ wow nice find” for every little piece of slightly chipped material posted.

• Cecilia
                          Cecilia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I guess those sending you rock pics are interested in what they’re worth? .....
                          That $- Rock concept is difficult for me. I have a hard time even “gifting” one of my rocks. Maybe I’m the ultimate materialist!

Wow man
                        SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                        X