Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird art ??

Curious to know...

Oh my... That is a great bird art! Nice find on the bird art! Wow is about all I can say... Wonder what the maker of that bird art was thinking... Don't cats eat birds? Doesn't curiosity kill cats...? Wonder what kills bird art? I bet it's posting pictures of natural rocks.... So you killed it alright
    North Carolina

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I see you chose a clown avatar. I too, like to live dangerously.

So you really think it is bird art ?? What period ?? Woodland ?? I have searched high and low for an artifact like this... can’t find anything...

Comment

There is something else... I’ve come across stone engraved art with a two sided stone portraying a face like a rabbit or monkey... I don’t have pictures but have the art stashed and all of this was found in the same spot... I find so much art and very little of arrowheads but tools in abundance also... really wish I would have taken one picture to show the art I mean... I’ll update it tomorrow...

Comment

Comment

What exactly are you looking at?

Comment

This is the second post dedicated to this rock. Which is just that. What is you know?
            If you are serious about looking for artifacts take the time to listen to the folks here and read, read, read, on this site and all over the web.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That's just a natural rock. You guys should know that playing these games is not what we do here.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I found this out the hard way when I was first beginning. If it was meant to be something "art" wise, you would know it right off the bat. You wouldn't have to squint, or turn it towards the light, it would be seen plain as day.

Another thing, how would they carve it? Are tool marks present? Flaking, pecking, grinding? All of this comes into play when looking for artifacts.

Don't get discouraged though. You are finding reduction flakes, which means they were there. You will find something eventually, and you'll know it when you see it. Just put rock art out of your mind, relax, and look for arrowheads. Have fun when doing so. You'll know what to look for when you find your first.

Good luck!
                "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Jethro355
                  Jethro355 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You sir, are a quick study.👍👍

It looks like a Native American nothing stone. Its native to America and its nothing.
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

It's a Rock
                  Michigan Yooper
                  If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Im not playing games... Just tryin to use sarcasm... Cause it seems like this is post a rock month... The avatar is temporary... Due to a comment about clown terrorists? Guess I should stop... Jinks... Go buy a dang artifact book and then go and try to find something similar to the pictures there or here... Don't know if you noticed there is no bird art section here... And people who post pictures of rocks get accused of being.... RUSSIANS
                    North Carolina

Comment

• Kentucky point
                      Kentucky point commented
                      Editing a comment
                      First I've ever heard of Russians on here.

From me to you, if I was you I'd keep the sarcasm down a bit before Matt see's it.

• Ron Kelley
                      Ron Kelley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey utilized flake, I understand your humor in the form of sarcasm. The problem is: The poster apparently did not understand that you were using humor.

And some might be right
                    Warren County New Jersey

Comment

And they would be right.

Comment

I Think I like the paper drawing the best, of the rock. Cool stains thou.. If I know and some say you dont know then I will say it.... I know its a rock, looks altered to an extent but with no intent to modify it into anything.
                        Last edited by chase; 08-04-2019, 02:24 PM.
                        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                        X