No announcement yet.

effigy stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Wildhorse, couldn't have said it better, well maybe, or gotten more to the point, I think.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

For not buying it you guys sure are paying a lot of attention to it.  If you don't like the topic just don't respond.  I don't think you'd have responded at all if you didn't see something here. By the way, it is clearly tooled.  If for some reason you can't see it in the picture what can I say, I'm not the greatest photographer.  No one who has held the stone, or looked at it in person, has ever doubted that it was tooled.  So I don't understand why you keep saying that.  And I don't think I'm ready to take your word over theirs.  After all I was able to walk into their museum and speak with them in person.  From my perspective your just an icon and a short profile.  For all I know you could be sitting there in your underwear right now trying to feel more important by putting down something you just don't understand. B)

Comment

We respond because this is a social networking site about artifacts. It wouldn't be a social network if we didn't interact with the posts. We are on here because we love the hobby and want to learn more and help others. This is a complicated hobby. Almost a war with the "artifakers" with countless battles. The more we all know the better off we will be. You post these rocks on here and ask what we think? Then we respond all the same with "they are just rocks". I'm more interested in your way of thinking than those rocks. I also respond because I lay blacktop for a living, and winter is my downtime so it keeps me occupied. Keep me entertained and send me some of that smoke you inhale before looking at those rocks then I too may see the image.

Comment

wanderingrock; You are quite right and I can see that posting my ideas here is a complete waste of time. Sorry for not understanding your artifact. You will not be bothered by me anymore. Go ahead and contune in your seeing artifacts in those rocks,

Comment

Provide documentation of these "experts" attesting to your rocks being highly sought after artifacts. Otherwise, all you are selling here is bulls**t.

Comment

It's a ghostly pipe smokin' point!

Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Hi guys.  Miss me?  Some thoughts on heat treatment please, and also maybe some education on bipolar reduction.  Maybe someone knows what kind of wear marks a person should look for if they think they may have a small hard stone billet, and pressure flaker that might have been used for making a gem point.

Comment

Working...
                X