No announcement yet.

mammoth effigy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty awesome! What does the other side look like?

Comment

All those are photo's out of my book on Indian Art.

Comment

Thank you Wild Horse, this is the kind of thing I'm here for.  These all seem to be wood though and of a much later period.  How about something Paleo and made of stone?

Comment

A start
          Stone Paleo Effigies

Comment

Stone Archaic Effigies

Comment

These are effigies of something-  Note the obvious tool marks and deliberateness of the artists on all of these stone effigies.
              Gault Site Texas effigies

Comment

I think that we will never be able to show you enough to have you understand Native American work. but here are a few really old stone carvings. You just don't get much older.

Comment

Some folks from Europe contacted me awhile back about these.  Showed me some stuff that matches what I've been finding pretty close.  Here's some pics of European Paleo art that I am talking about.  Note in the cave art (sorry Cliff, but you will have to squint at first to see it ) that the drawn images come together with the shape of the stone to form a bear head.  It's not easy to see at first, but it's there.  It's this blending of images that have hidden these.  It's very difficult to put a scientific measurement on artistic interpretation, but I've seen enough independent charts drawn up that match to convince me that there is something to all of this.

I hope the second pic posts, it's reading as a file for some reason.
                  No matter what, it seems this has generated a lot of interest, and I do have a lot more to explain before I really expect this to start making more sense. So please bear with me until then.  I have a very busy schedule, and I just got my camera up and running.  Now I need to find this guy in my storage.  The pics I've shown so far are many years old.  You will see all sides of this guy soon.

Comment

I guess the second pic won't post.  I will try later.

Comment

Let's see if this one works.  It wasn't my pic and I think it was protected.  I played with it a little and made it my own.  It should post this time.

Comment

Goodness gracious! I want some of that smoke. B)

Comment

Yea, I remember now Sweet Leaf. What was the name of that band??

Comment

I like that one. I can see a humna face in that one. Mother nature at work here.

Comment

Natural or not, someone pointed out something to me that's pretty cool that I hadn't noticed before on that last one.  (It's not my stone or picture.)  Look for what could be images of volcanoes in the stone up in the guys hairline.  Note that the volcano on the guys scalp has what looks like an eruption going on.  (This may be hard to see at first but just for fun give it a try.)  Now see if you can see that eruption as the ear of an elephant.  The black dot at the upper right edge of the stone would be the eye.  The trunk comes down to the mans forehead , and ends with a little face in it.  Then there is a volcano/apex chipped into the left upper quadrant of the stone that can be seen as the elephants butt, and helps to define the hind legs.    Several other people have noted this since, so I know that it can be seen, and is worth giving a shot.  Natural or not it is worth taking note. 
                              In this pic I have highlighted some of the detail a little bit to help orient the eye, but you can refer back to the other for an untouched version.  You may not even notice the difference.  I tried to be subtle.

Comment

how is it worth noting??  its just a pebble!  I see ZERO sign of human involvement except for some skillful photography and a decent imagination.  How you can draw comparisons between the deliberate, and frankly, VASTLY more sophisticated art of Paleo Europe and your gravel driveway finds is beyond me.  There is NO comparison between the masterful art of the Paleolithic and your pebbles.
                                That being said, your apparent lack of any real understanding of lithics or ancient art is a great source of humor.  Much like the village idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X