Huge Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Head

So while making room to expand my shop I ran across several interesting things can anyone help identify this it appears to be an effigy or carving app. 20 inches in height 17 inches across.

Comment

No, your experiencing a case of Facial Pareidolia...

Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I would tend to agree with you except for the fact I have found a 1 pound me ad cannonball and a couple of steel cannon shots embedded in rock at this place.

Comment

Those formations are natural sedimentary deposits likely shaped by water and erosion. It kinda sounds to me like your mind is made up on these formations. You won't find validation on this site.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

No actually my mind isn't made up so if what you are saying is correct then I will post what appears to be some type of material that is on some of the things at this place. Honestly I'm just looking for answers.

Comment

I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's worth pursuing further or should I just go ahead and grade the property out to make to for my shop expansion.

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                It's safe for expansion.

To put it bluntly, you have received your answer. 100% natural rock formations.
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Thanks for the information I appreciate it. I was just doing my due diligence before proceeding. I didn't want to be showing someone pictures twenty years from now only to have them say man you should have!!! Thanks again.

Comment

The rock formations are natural, so as far as I can see, you won't be impacting anything of value in expanding your shop. I don't know anything about cannonballs, but if that is what they are, and I found them on my property, I guess I'd be curious as to how they arrived on my property. We have a field up here where cannonballs from a Revolutionary War battle can be found, but I never lucked out and found any myself.

The rocks are as Josh indicated, just a case of face pareidolia......
                  Rhode Island

Comment

If you found canon ball you should metal detect it to see if there’s any historical artifacts there before disturbing anything. Not seeing any Native American stuff from the pics and it’s quite hard to understand what your talking about . Maybe a broader picture of the area would help put things into perspective for everyone . If your close to water there’s a chance there’s NA artifacts present but you’d have to sink a shovel and screen area to find out.

Comment

Working...
                    X