This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuckolls Dalton

Hey I'm new to this so bear with me. Got a couple of things to identify any help is appreciated.

Here's a weird one I'm hoping someone knows what it is it is Indian made no doubts.

Comment

I've been finding more unusual things lately

Comment

Please put something in the photos for scale. Also we always ask what state and county are the finds from. I believe it is spelled Nuckolls it is a tough one for the spell checker thing to understand. Nice point but I think the others are just rocks. They don't appear to have been altered by man into any useful shape.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

You’ve got a outstanding point there, I’m not seeing anything relating the other two stones with NA activity.
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Welcome to our forum H13. It's a real dandy Dalton you have. And like Hoss said, the other two rocks are just rocks. In addition to Hoss's suggestions when asking for help or questions as to identity, I suggest that in future photos it is best if the object is photograped at 90 degree angle rather than an oblique angle.

Comment

It would be interesting for me to know what part of the country you live in... That’s a mighty fine piece.
              Floridaboy.

Comment

• Helldwarf13
                Helldwarf13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Southern Wayne county Tennessee close to the Alabama state line

Sorry it's took so long but I live in southern Wayne county Tennessee. I'll try to do better pics so the details that are pecked into the clay can be seen clearly. And before I put any pictures online the state archeologist of Oklahoma looks at the pics to see if they are detailed enough to show. He's also the professor of archeology at the University of Oklahoma his speciality is early man tools. And don't tell him but I also send the same pics to a college in great Britain to see if their opinions match. Dr. Leland Bennet is the prof. At Oklahoma the other I can't tell because he's the head prof. At the British University in London. I'm putting some of my items on here and I welcome all opinions you can't hurt my feelings or anger me. It took me this long to get back here because I've been hunting literally every day and finding more strange stuff.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                These look like geodes to me.

These two were found 18" apart and they were hand molded small quartz pebbles. You can't really see it in the pics but the mortared lines are there.

Comment

This one I colored one side with a marker the other side I didn't. I did not draw this I just traced over the lines and dot that are kinda pecked in the stone like a tattoo. So let me have it but I'll send this one to anybody to see in person because without color it doesn't have this detail in pics look at the layers it is composed of tiny quartz crystals and white clay.

Comment

If I was educated I would say the Mammoth eyes in a continuous row could be some type of calander. But I'm just a ole redneck. You may not see what I do. So let me have it I love being educated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• antmike915
                    antmike915 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    just like the arrowhead, you wouldn't have to 2nd guess. You, me and everyone else here would see it. The ancients were pretty talented.
                    Last edited by antmike915; 07-21-2020, 11:03 PM.

Besides the original point in the first 2 pictures, everything else is natural. There is no hand made anything on any of the others. Very cool rocks though, I would've kept them too just for them being unique, mother nature and father time together are artist.
                  Last edited by antmike915; 07-21-2020, 11:05 PM.
                  🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Helldwarf13
                    Helldwarf13 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks my man that is appreciated.

No one can convince me that this isn't man-made if you'd held it in your hand you'd say the same.im only uploading one more today because the best is yet to come
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last one again layered clay. See everyone tomorrow.thanks all.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys but I'm from Wayne county Tennessee very southern part right on the missippi and Albans line.

Comment

Working...
                      X