Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Central Virginia finds

Fresh meat for you

Here are some items from some recent trips. I've already culled out a lot of nopes, but I'm sure there are more there. Sorry about the detail, but there are many and I haven't really grouped them. For scale, this is about 70% of my pool table. I've also added a few coins for scale. I'll get a better scale for photos.

In the middle are also a quartz crystal cluster and a garnet crystal composite Click image for larger version

Name:	image_85886.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	462342
    Last edited by Hoss; 06-18-2020, 11:26 AM.

Well that's quite the collection. As you find artifacts you will start tossing some of those. Right now you have rocks and maybe some artifacts mixed in. Just to many at one time for me to say which are possible artifacts. Thanks for showing
    NW Georgia,

Comment

I agree with what Surface said, when you can (or if you want too) take pictures of them in smaller groups and various angles.
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome, all of the above.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Thanks for looking. I'm sure a lot of them are rocks. Just getting started at this. Most of that is from about four hours in one spot. At this point I'm just taking everything home and looking at it.

Anything or any groupings worth a closeup?

Comment

• antmike915
            antmike915 commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely

Mainly the smaller ones the bigger ones look like natural rocks
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Trapezoids copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.7 KB ID:	462453
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Holden; all of picture 1 is natural and I think all are natural in pictures 2&3 unless some could be some type of tool. I have never found any quartz tools but I've found some quartz/ quartzite points. Here's a few examples; once you find any there's no questioning.
              Attached Files
              🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

2nd pic far right I think is a worked piece but broken let's see it both sides the rest look natural
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Thanks for looking guys

Feel free to move to the JAR thread

Comment

Working...
                  X