Effigy? Art-of-fact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effigy? Art-of-fact?

I have a case full of effigy, or what I believe to be effigy. Found on Tepee creek at the foot of Tepee Mountain, a center point of 12 early day landmarks in Oklahoma history. I find campsites on the creek banks near huge pecan trees and the campfires are surfacing in the sands. Each fire usually has large stone tools all similar to the neighboring campfire. I dig the fire out which usually consist of charred hardwoods, a layer of pecans, and then various tips ranging from dime size to 2-3". Some pits or holes have stones with defined carvings that can't possibly be natural. So here is the newest one I have cleaned up. A skeleton riding a wild bore or prehistoric rhinoceros! I know there are many skeptics but I also know that I have a special hunting ground. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_132348.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	471544

I'd of brought it home. Nature is a great artist.
    SE IA

Comment

I don't spend much time looking them over in the field. I clean out the fire pit or hole I find, into my toolbox. When I get home I set them all out to dry since the sand and shade has kept them wet. Some I softly brush clean with a soft bristle toothbrush to knock away excess sand and dirt, but I am always amazed at the details and artistic quality of the natural rocks all washed into the same holes. 🙂 of course I have always been labeled as the crazy guy of the village so I hope you arrowhead hunters can except me for the crazy creek Walker that I am?! Here's a few more of my favorite, since they apply to the same subject.

Comment

Sorry , Nothing but rocks & a vivid imagination.

Comment

👍 you must be a geologist to be so matter of fact? Here's a sculpture I imagined looks like raymond judge's spirit Hawk drawing. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_154717.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	471622

Comment

Some cool sculptures,, what kind of tips are you finding in the campfires?
            Floridaboy.

Comment

As a matter of fact I am a retired scientist & have been a rock hound & artifact collector for 60 years. I have effigies & those are not them.

Comment

So art-of-facts? 🙂 I will have to send you some pics Hal. I have identified a Hales and a few others.

Comment

Oh for Pete's sake!?
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I don't have any effigies and I can tell that those are not.
                    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Keeping my mouth shut on this one, lol
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

I apologize for being facetious, I mean no disrespect. Some of the rocks I have found are undoubtedly man made, to me, mostly because of the way I found them, the signs of nature that led me to them, the history of Kiowa-Apache, Comanche, Navajo, and various other tribes that lived in this uncharted territory, as well as the similarities or resemblances between the rocks shaped like animals and the actual dangerous animals that inhabit the area today. I plan to write a book about my crazy rock collection and my interpretation of said rocks, that's the whole point of joining this group, for me, is to learn facts and fiction as well as others personal beliefs. I'm very interested in seeing your effigies and becoming more educated on the difference between artifacts and rocks. Other than my vivid imagination, which I like to consider an open mind. Again I apologize for any disrespect. When I receive my degree in geology and archaeology we can have a friendly scientific debate?

Comment

Could be wrong but the first pic looks like a fulgurite to me.....
                          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• pkfrey
                            pkfrey commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Funny, That was my immediate impression. if there's a lot of sand and clay on that site, it very well could be just a fulgurite..

• Lindenmeier-Man
                            Lindenmeier-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looks like one Paul, hard to tell though if not in hand...

Wondering if wife hid my peyote buttons....
                          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Wish I had . The spirit Hawk is starting to look like Lincoln at Mt. Rushmore to me and I don't do peyote. May start if I click back in this thread.
                            Last edited by oldrocks2; 07-20-2020, 03:39 PM.
                            SE IA

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
                              Narrow Way Knapper commented
                              Editing a comment
                              🤣they say if you eat fish, you will have a dream.
                          Working...
                          X