War hammer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War hammer???

It's very heavy, and very dense....and has banded rings around it..
    Attached Files

Welcome, Kenny. Was it found on a site where artifacts have been found before? Any rock can bash someone's head in or break their bones but "War Hammer" is going to be a VERY specific tool/weapon that needs a very secure haft to hold it. Even a maul or hammerstone would have diagnostic traits that identify it. Your piece doesn't have the look or work on it that indicates a war hammer. It does look like it could be an abrader tool (esp if found on a producing site)...and also has the look of a piece of cement/crete...
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

It looks like a piece of limestone in my honest opinion naturally formed. Welcome to arrowheads.com add something to your posts for for scale. a US quarter is just about an inch or use a ruler. We also want to know where found just the county and state is all.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It just has that feel to it....hope the new angles help
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry
          South Dakota

Comment

Hey Kenny, I have a lot of hammers and that's not one. It's natural but keep your eyes on the ground. Look for pecking and grinding on hardstone.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hi Kddiz.- Not a grooved hammer. Sorry, just another Geofact. Attached is a grooved hammer. Don't ask me what it was used for. Mine is very atypical. It is 10&1/2'' x 3&1/2" very large for a hammer. Kim
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mattern; 09-16-2020, 03:26 PM.
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Kdiz, you have to help us help you. If you are truly interested in finding and collection artifacts you are going to have to put more effort into the process. Spend some time researching here as well as other places to learn what they should look like and be made of. You just can't pick up any old stone put a name to it and hope it sticks. We'll be happy to assist you if
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                X