Clear All

• antmike915
    replied
    Here's a good one.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mattern
    replied
    Thank you for the reminder Tom. I still look at ebay just to see what's going on. A few years ago I typed in Grooved Arrowhead. Just to see if anything popped up. And sure enough one did. The guy only had 1 artifact but was selling Yard sale stuff. He called it a Grooved Arrowhead! Sure enough It was a Dalton Perf. with a groove on both sides. Heavily ground on base and lower sides for $20.00. I messaged the seller and he knew nothing about the point, but it was his Grand Fathers. Saving the Pict and scrutinizing it closely. I bought it. And what great a buy. Kim Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2763[1].JPG
Views:	451
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	519540 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2764[1].JPG
Views:	437
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	519541

Leave a comment:

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    I think eBay itself is corrupt in that they do nothing to stop the crooks who use their market place. eBay makes money off all the crooks. With that said there are a lot of honest sellers on eBay too. If you don't know the difference just don't buy. I have made many purchases on eBay from sellers I trust. Here is a collection of authentic ancient points I purchased on eBay. These are the most expensive points I ever bought at $3 each:

Click image for larger version

Name:	West Texas.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	519510

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Back when Arrowpack was a thriving forum, many of us contacted both sellers, and buyers, when we came across questionable listings. But it truly was a waste of time, and could actually get one in trouble with eBay. I stopped doing that, and realized that one cannot save everyone. People learn the hard way. Or they don’t learn at all, and fill their shelves with fakes.

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    What’s really sad to see is not the Clovis that sells for $60, but the ones that sell for hundreds, and the buyer thinks he stole it for hundreds. You just can’t protect people from themselves.

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    The seller knows it’s a safe bet that the buyer will never send his purchase off to an authenticator. The seller will lose now and then, but not enough to lose money overall. Even with less than 100% good feedback, they still are able to sell. And many sellers are educated. They use bad authenticators on many listings precisely because they know the piece is bad, and the authenticator is a joke. The 30 days offers comfort to the buyer, but only a minority of buyers will send their purchase to an honest authenticator. I am making assumptions here, because I have no experience as a thief or as a dishonest seller. And one thing I assume is the dishonest sellers have factored everything in, and know they will win more often than lose.

• Wannabe.archaeologist97
    replied
    I already assumed majority of buyers (and sellers ) aren’t educated but it don’t take a genius to google artifact authenticator near me.and they have 30 days to do it

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Saying they must be legitimate if they sell assumes the buyers are educated. The buyers are not educated.

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Sellers of fakes know that if someone is buying them, they are uneducated enough such that only a small number will return them.

• Havenhunter
    commented on 's reply
    Not sad... criminal! So many people hurting in these strange times & this yoho will be laughing all the way to the bank!

• Wannabe.archaeologist97
    replied
    Don’t understand how you can sell fakes they have a month to return if it’s not authentic?Always wondered why there is real Clovis points on eBay for thousands of dollars which is roughly what they’re worth but then they’ll have almost the exact same “authentic”point listed below with a buy now price of 60$? If they’re selling fakes how do they make any money?You have 30 days to return if it’s not real So they must be selling legitimate artifacts otherwise theyd never sell and they always sell.Are some Clovis’s really only worth 60$? Or is there something I’m missing?Because my uncle took his stuff to artifact show and they said his Clovis could bring up to 10k at auction.

Leave a comment:

• tomclark
    replied
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/233835638963?ul_noapp=true NOT baybottom from Florida. FAKE fakefake.

Leave a comment:

• antmike915
    commented on 's reply
    He definitely was trying to find someone uneducated to sell them too.

• antmike915
    commented on 's reply
    I did too, couldn't help myself.

• antmike915
    commented on 's reply
    Quality rechipping on the Missouri Smith point.
Working...
X