• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see serrated edges... Just me?

Very Pretty. I see serrated edges. Anyone else? FRANKLIN COUNTY, OHIO
    Attached Files
    Franklin County, OHIO

I don't see a purposefully made artifact much less a point with serrated edges. What is it that you think you have?

Comment

When showin edgework position rock like thus when photographing...it helps us be more positive about weather tis or isn’t..and although not all artifacts are flaked to this degree you should see something similar on what you find..Hope this helps, keep lookin.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	B52279E3-2F59-46D7-800F-F6E47DC6CBFB.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	529434
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Agree with sailorjoe and Hal.
        Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Thank you all for your help.
          Attached Files
          Franklin County, OHIO

Comment

Hello, Rock. My real forum name JAR (“just a rock”), or used to be; now, maybe could be called FAS (“found a something!”). It took a lot of time, effort, homework, and not-getting-tossed-outta-forum, before I learned to see knapping on a lithic. I think you are having the same problem.

I’m fairly well-read, and I thought I knew what to look for, but really, really did not. No amount of book-reading, picture-memorizing, or illustration-studying can compare to actually seeing, touching, handling true artifacts. This what Charles Jones tried tell you prior post, but you thought he was talking about how object “fits into hand”. I can’t find any bio on you, and please pardon if my advice inappropriate, but go to local museum or other reliable repository of arrowheads, projectile points, knives, scrapers, and study them up-close and personal.
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

[QUOTE=Cecilia;n531028] Good advise you rock!

Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooh A. Rock View Post
                Very Pretty. I see serrated edges. Anyone else? FRANKLIN COUNTY, OHIO
                Ooh. Some other advice. When I take a picture for posting I send it to my computer. I open the pict. and have a good look to see if it is good enough to post. It should be in focus and show clearly, what you want to show. If it doesn't or isn't quality, I just take another Pict. Sometimes it can take me some time to get good picts. to post. I save my best Picts. in a category I call Arrowheads.com. Also larger Pict. doesn't help if the pict is out of focus. Experiment and you'll get better at it. That makes it easier for the members to identify.
                Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Ooh A. Rock
                  Ooh A. Rock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much, that is very helpful!

Thank you, everyone!
                Franklin County, OHIO

Comment

Working...
                X