Core Material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Material?

We gained permission to a nice mile long stretch of creek leading into the White River. It’s well known for artifacts but has been heavily trespassed for many years. Picked up these 2 rocks yesterday during a quick look at one spot, probably just rocks.
    Creeks are ever changing so it should still be worth our time to hunt there, right? Thinking maybe digging the gravel bars could be productive.

North Central Arkansas

Stay after it !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Yes
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Hard to tell in the pics kucala...i cant make a call if those are a couple of cores or not....do u find many artifacts in your area made from that material?....do you see any flaking on those?.....and yes, if those creeks have produced artifacts, even though they have been heavily hunted, you should still be in good shape to hunt....cant help with the idea of digging the gravel, never done it, but cant rule out that you would not find points doing it
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Thank you so much Benji. We are excited for the opportunity to hunt new ground we know is proven. There was also a Civil War camp on those banks 🤞🏻.
          North Central Arkansas

Comment

I think a knapper like Benji would have a much better eye for that then I . But I have seen large coastal plain Chert with long strides ofc it like that . Not River worn though so it’s a bit different.

Comment

Working...
            X