Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lesson for the day... For any day really...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesson for the day... For any day really...

This evening the wife and i took our two daughters to a local farm market here in jackson co. Indiana, they have a petting zoo, putt-putt golf, a restaurant etc, nice place!, , one of the local farmers learning and adapting to an ever changing economy....doing what he has to do to keep the wolves away from the door, i can support that,!... upon arrival we discovered a mining operation set up and running ,right square in the middle of the putt-putt golf course, just behind the roosters and the pheasants in the petting zoo area....and threatening to overtake the unknowing inhabitants of the koi pond...this, i must investigate!....i do my best meandering over toward the area while my wife and daughters go inside to investigate what goodies the market itsself has to offer, i soon discover its a gem mine, right here in indiana, who knew?....i also discovered that it was a different kind of mining operation that i had ever seen in the books or wherever,see this particular mine, why you had to go inside and buy a bag of paydirt they called it, then bring it back outside to the actual mine location and basically pan the gems out of your bag of dirt,like they used to pan for gold back in the day, only in a trough full of running water as opposed to the running creek water,....well ide rekon they had more then precious gems packed in that little ten dollar bag of dirt, just looky here at the superise i was about to get before i realized the reality of the situation, they say your never to old to learn and try to learn at least one thing a day, ....i present to you for all your viewing pleasure my daily dose of knowledge....... manufactured , or "fake" arrowheads.....๐Ÿ˜‰
    Attached Files
    JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

Real indian arrowheads made in India
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      WillJoโ€™s been funny lately! I love it!

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly willjo...๐Ÿ™‚

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      Found exclusively here in india-nia, mattern...lol...๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for the story JR. K
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir...๐Ÿ™‚

Good times all around ๐Ÿ™‚
    Floridaboy.

Comment

But bet your girls had fun! (Lemme guess, TalkingWife is one who pointed out points fake!)
      Digging in GA, โ€˜bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        They did have a good time and it was just good quality family time in general....and sure, , talking wife did have to point out the fact that they were fake, to which i responded, yeah, i already knew that...while wiping the slobber from my chin....lol...๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜‰

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        ๐Ÿ˜Š

I really don't like to be lied to. I would report them to the police. I bought some of those "India" points for a nickel each just to study the fakes.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Donโ€™t Stand for Something, Youโ€™ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        Had they advertised the fact that there were actual arrowheads to be found then we got these, they may have been the ones Needing to call the police...lol...like yourself, i figured if nothing else, i now have actual, genuine 100% guarenteed replicas to study....๐Ÿ™‚, Thank ye for taking a look...๐Ÿ™‚

I had some people bring me some back from California and they were the fake ones. Asked for the real ones
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats no good, hope you didnt invest anything but time, anticipation, anxiety, anger and finally just plain ol disappointment.....๐Ÿ˜‰

Probably a fun time for kids though
      South Dakota

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        My youngest is eleven, she loved it, especially feeding the ducks n such, my oldest turns sixteen next month, she could have been lost in the woods somewhere and having about as much fun...lol..but weather she knew it or not, it was some good quality family time....๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks, first laugh in 2 weeks. That time recovering from a kidney stone so this post had to be good, thanks.
      SE IA

Comment

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, im glad it helped๐Ÿ™‚..and good luck with the health issue...๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        O my, OldRocks. Know kidney stones horrible. Had H with those. Had special little net catch em with, to take into Doc. Glad you big one so surgery possible. (Always silver lining, huh!)

• oldrocks2
        oldrocks2 commented
        Editing a comment
        For 2 days thought I had a 4 in serated dalton in me. 2 surgeries and gone after10 days. Pain is not believable.
    Working...
    X