I sanded 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sanded 'em

Okay everyone..Tell me what you think of these. I sanded them since the mineral deposits are so heavy. The second and third photos are front and back respectfully.

Okay, the other 2 photos didn't upload so I'll try aagain here.

Comment

Nope...not a good idea, and it's too bad no one here wanted to take the time to tell you that. Just a soft toothbrush and maybe a little soap is all you should use. Sanding them changes everything about them- and if you had a really terrific point or tool, you'd be ruining it- and you'd be upset. Sanding it is like...like letting it wash around on a sandy beach for a couple decades- or more...like putting it a polisher...ack! When I first started finding points and tools, I had the same problem- or similar problem- with algae growth and pollution 'patina'- because I search in river and bay shores- as I kayak. I would soak them in a little bleach solution (20%) and was told to never ever do even that- that it would change the piece irreparably.  JMHO. Keep looking!

Comment

Somebody told her I wonder what has happened to Milky

What can I use to clean heavy mineralization from artifacts? I have tried, dawn, vinegar, CLR and sanding. Is there a better way?
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
        X