Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know what your gonna say,(Just a rock)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what your gonna say,(Just a rock)?

Ok im not going to use the E word here, don't think im seeing things. This rock is made of slate I think. Just an unusual form. The day this was found we found pottery pieces -and- a broken drill within 30 FT. of each other. More artifacts come from this area at different times of water level. My question is, the shape anything significant or just a rock B)

No guts guys??? OK I will take the chance here. It looks like a rock to me. Sorry but all I see is a rock but I am not good at artifacts off the Columbia so take it for what it is worth.

Comment

Hey Ron thanks very much for the comment. Thats what I thought Too. Just a strange shape for a rock where we have found artifacts. Thanks Joe.

Comment

Well that doesn't mean some Indian kids didn't play with.   I bet somebody noticed that rock in the past too.

Comment

It is a cool rock. I pick up lots of wierd and unusual rocks all the time. They go into the "what the heck is this" pile in the landscaping!
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Joe, I have seen similar shapes elsewhere and cannot think of where, when I say seen before I am referring to photographs. Will have to look into, looks awful uniform. But I wouldn't get your hopes up, can't hardly remember what I had for supper last night, but will try to recall and locate.

Comment

Hey guys thanks for your comments. Diden't really think of it as an artifact like tool/point or blade. Like you said Andrew maybe a childs toy who knows, it was just the shape that caught my eye and made me pick it up. Me to Greg I also have a rock garden for all my wanna be rocks. I know Bill have hard time with memory myself not sure what causes that But if you do remember please post pic.  Thanks again all Joe!!

Comment

That is a rock, but a neat looking rock.

Comment

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...%20finds/Rock/
                  Link no longer works

I found one almost like that but your's is nicer.
                  Sherry

Comment

I think I got it Joe. When we were kids, we'd make mudpies.
                    That is a slice of mudpie.

Comment

There you go Cliff, I should have thought of that. I knew somebody had to know what it is and was just holding out. :laugh: Have a good day Cliff!

Comment

Working...
                      X