Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what ?

this is very heavey looks like wood and iron

Hello from NE Ohio Danny, kind of a unique rock, can't really tell if it is an artifact or not from the pic. Would really have to see maybe a few more angles of it. Kinda looks like it has a heart in the middle of it on that one. Welcome to the club, William

Comment

Im same can't tell with that Pic. Be careful these guys are good about (just a rock) good luck joe! :laugh:

Comment

here you go

Comment

sorry new here

Comment

here

Comment

looks like pertrified wood with iron on it

Comment

It looks like a natural sandstone or limestone rock with a hematite or iron inclusion in it. It formed that way.

Comment

the indians would put iron on wood and tree sap to presreve it

Comment

No, I'm afraid not. It is a natural rock made by good old Mother Nature.

Comment

You probably want to believe it's something, but I'm afraid you just picked up a regular rock.
                      I used to be like you when I first started collecting.  I used to pick everything up thinking it was a tool of some kind, but several years later and more education, I have learned what is and is not a worked stone.

Comment

Called geofacts. Look like they may have been for "something" but just a cool rock! Have to look for some kind flaking,grinding or any alteration by man. If found on a known site they could have been picked up by them cause they liked "cool rocks" too!

Comment

Working...
                        X