points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• points?

Would someone care to take a look here and tell me if either of these two are "points"?

I don't think they are tsmom but the pics aren't the clearest either. If your camera has a macro setting (indicated by the flower icon) try using that in natural light. The use of a flash tends to bleach details out, such as flaking. It may help to pick an item and play with different settings and lighting to see what gives the best results. I too, along with just about everybody, have had difficulty getting nice clear images....it can be frustraing!
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Thanks. They are very sharp around the edges. But like most things I have found, they are also layered in an almost cement hard mineralization that makes viewing detail even more difficult.
      Anyway, thanks for the response. They probably aren't points. But I am still trying to deal with close ups on my camera. It's a very good camera with a very poor user. 

Comment

I know exactly what you mean about the close ups tsmom. I have a Nikon D3000.....a very good camera but I struggled with taking pics like you. It wasn't until I found a "Nikon D3000 book for Dummies" and put some effort into learning/practicing with it that I started to get pics that I was happy with. Good luck with the pics and the hunt!!
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

Pics are blurry and i'm no expert but I didn't see any work . Not to change subject but if you live by Ohio river I would be walking the shoreline I'm sure you would find stuff there . Good luck hunting 

Comment

well tsmom, I dont see any working done to them either , and agree with Andrew, walking those banks is a good place to start... and for the camra thing ... I am hard on camras, tote them everywhere, in my pocket of all places... I got a Kodak "easyshare" 16MP...cheap (around 100$) and takes good pics for the price. LOL, and if I break it(witch I will), I wont be out piles of money... Thanks for posting
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

Kodak C-195 for about $80 bucks is a great, tough camera.

takes decent photos for a cheap-o.

Comment

Colette, the area where you live should be lithic and artifact rich! Once you find the right places to hunt, you should be finding  all kinds of artifacts. It is obvious you have been bitten by the bug! Keep looking in the fields, creeks and the river and keep looking at the posts, past and present on the site, you'll be finding them soon!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks all! Appreciate the suggestions. I do enjoy "hunting" even when nor finding anything. I'm a nature lover anyway so just being out in the beauty is gratifying enough for me!

Comment

Keep lookin' down TS Mom! You gonna find 'em ! Don't get discouraged, a matter of time !

Comment

The Third Pic to the right is one for sure, it's worn slick, so not much sign of flaking, but it has the features around the sides. I can plainly see the notch on the right side. JMHO

Comment

I was thinking about that third pic also.  Sometimes materials are so worn they are barely distinguishable.
                        New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                        X