No announcement yet.

First Woman Artifact? Any ideas anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Woman Artifact? Any ideas anyone?

Found this beautiful piece in Southern Oregon on my husbands property that he and his Native American family have lived on for seemingly forever. It was found within 300 yards of Klamath Lake, on the old Klamath Reservation.
    I took pictures from different angles. It fits very nicely in the hand. Maybe an old tool?
    Thanks for looking!
    Lynne

Welcome to AH...........
    This rock is rather peculiar.
    It looks like something from one angle but then it looks like a geofact from others.
    Annomolies always makes for good conversation. It is not an artifact.
    There is one other thing, something for size context.
    Jess B.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

Hello Lynne and welcome to arrowheads.com. That looks like a volcanic rock called Basalt. Now for the hard part,   In my honest opinion, I do not see the hand of man in the formation of this rock.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I have to agree with the others. This appears to be a natural stone.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

In the 3rd pic it looks like there is a circle/hole down by the legs of the rock. Not a hole that goes all the way through but non-the less a circle.. Am i right? Or, is it just the lighting on the pic?

Comment

Just a cool rock!

Comment

Hi Cricket,
                  Yes that is a hole that you see. My husband thinks-because it fits very nicely in the hand, where the groove is where they would pull the Nettles and tule through when making twine.
              Lynne

Comment

Working...
              X