Cool tool??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool tool??

...or a new resident for my rock garden?

Sorry, but i would say rock garden.  I just had to put one there myself. Maybe someone that knows more than i do will chime in.. Happy hunting!

Comment

Rock TS

Comment

Okay can you look at these 2 more pic just to help me understand?  It appears well and intentionally flaked to me. And edges are serrated and sharp. What am I not understanding?

Comment

I'm not seeing what I would call intentional flaking TS and your pieces appear to lack any tool form I've ever seen.....not that I know everything, quite the contrary. Unfortunately I'm at work today so I can't pull out any of my stuff and takes pics to post.....but......let me see what I have in photobucket maybe to make a few observations.
          Here's a couple pics of a scraper/knife. Note the fact that they are unifacial, meaning flat on one side and worked on the other.....very typical of a tool made from a flake. Also note the relative thickness of it when compared to yours....yes, some tools are thicker then others especially scrapers. Note also, you can see definitive flake removals at fairly regular intervals both on the end scraper portion and the "knife" portion of this piece. Pictures can be deceiving, if yours in hand has these characteristics I cant see them in your pics and I appologize in advance.

Here is another one that shows work on both lateral margins...

Here's a side shot of a flake tool......very typical of flakes, note the curvature which can be seen in this pic fairly well......

I know I may not be your favorite person on this forum but I am truely trying to help and thought some of these pics may do so.....any questions don't be afraid to ask.....good luck!
          Southern Connecticut

Comment

Chris is right. I see no intentional flaking or serrations on your rock.
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

scrapers just to give you a idea of some flaking on some tools

Comment

tsmom wrote:

Okay can you look at these 2 more pic just to help me understand?  It appears well and intentionally flaked to me. And edges are serrated and sharp. What am I not understanding?
                ]
                http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/mountaingoat81/DSCN3287.jpghttp://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/mountaingoat81/DSCN3288.jpghttp://i1122.photobucket

Here is a similar post that may help you to understand.
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thanks all. I appreciate the help from all of you. I am trying to learn or I would not still be posting here. Also I do not believe it is smart or fair to make judgements on people's character here as we do not know each other. And this type of limited interaction is probably not a very complete display of anyone's character. So, no Chris, I hold no judgements on you or anyone else. I appreciate your help. I have only gotten a tad perturbed when I have felt that someone may have been replying to beginners like myself in a inappropriate manner. But I don't even remember who. I don't make a point of trying to remember that.
                  Thanks again, all, for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X